PDA

View Full Version : Apistogramma agassizii

bennyng
Tue Mar 28, 2006, 05:43 AM
Hi guys,

Here's one of the most common South American Dwarf Cichlid on the market. You can find hobbyists from Singapore to Sweden, from Australia to America keeping this classic, entry level fish.

http://www.aquaticquotient.com/gallery/files/5/4/2/A_agassizii_WZ4R7744ER.jpg

http://www.aquaticquotient.com/gallery/files/5/4/2/A_agassizii_WZ4R7756ER.jpg

However, be aware that prices varies from US$2 a piece to US$380 per pair, depending on collection point and color variant.

Cheers,

kevkoi
Tue Mar 28, 2006, 05:47 AM
Benny, what's the chance that you've got a pic of the A. agassizi "Santarem Red head"?

I've been facinated with them ever since I saw them at last year's Aquarama.... Finally found some of them, but then can't find a decent picture of them to share my excitement over them. :oops:

bennyng
Tue Mar 28, 2006, 05:49 AM
Nope. Don't have that in my pictorial inventory.

I helped a fellow hobbyist acquired a pair, but never got around to do a shoot for it. Probably gone by now from what I heard. Water is often a disaster in Singapore, as you may have heard Thio complained.

Cheers,

kevkoi
Tue Mar 28, 2006, 05:52 AM
heheh... Benny, u can shoot some of these red heads at u-know-where this weekend. Quite a few pairs XL size... :lol:

parkap
Tue Mar 28, 2006, 10:29 AM
Love the aggies but just have no luck with the males. My 4 females are doing spectacularly in my display tank but my males keep dying. Can't figure out why. All my other apisto's are doing fine, just those damn male aggies.

p.

Th0mas
Tue Mar 28, 2006, 11:19 AM
Well not having good run with the aggie either - might be constipation again. Fed too much bloodly bloodworm two days ago, thought I could get away with it.

The only different to your's P is my female is struggling - male is fine. She's got a slightly inflated belly and doing a head stand.

I think she's gone - as I've already noticed she's not in good shape this morning before leaving home. Oh well - time to look for another decent female......

Thomas.

Ben
Tue Mar 28, 2006, 11:32 AM
The agassizi was my first true, dwarf cichlid love....

Great pics mate!

steven_askham
Tue Mar 28, 2006, 11:47 AM
Them pics are great, what camera you using ?

wickedglass
Tue Mar 28, 2006, 12:04 PM
Love the aggies but just have no luck with the males. My 4 females are doing spectacularly in my display tank but my males keep dying. Can't figure out why. All my other apisto's are doing fine, just those **** male aggies.

that's what's been happening with my male viejitas, too, I put them in the tank and a few days later they're catfood! I've picked the best looking males in the store twice and both have died .... third time lucky, I got a very young male with only one eye and he's doing really well! All the female haven't had a problem .... go figure

RomantiK
Wed Mar 29, 2006, 11:35 PM
http://members.optushome.com.au/llchieng/Tank/agazzisiDoubleRed.jpg

Here's my male agg, been in my display tank together with a female and other blue rams and tetras for 3-4 months already, seems to be doing fine :)

parkap
Thu Mar 30, 2006, 01:06 AM
BEEEAUTIFUL fish romantik!

Ben
Thu Mar 30, 2006, 05:35 AM
Stunning photo of the agassizi RomantiK!

cheers
Ben

steph
Thu Mar 30, 2006, 06:08 AM
What a gorgeous fish!! :D

I just love agassizi's, one of my favourites for sure.

Steph

Namn8r
Thu Apr 20, 2006, 07:27 AM
My trouble is trying to get hold of female aggies! Everytime ive asked my lfs to order some in for me ive been sent young males or even a young male double red cacatoides too!

Trouble is none of the lfs really want to hold dwarves in Adelaide!

Robdog
Mon May 08, 2006, 03:00 AM
They are honestly the best looking Aggs I've ever seen Benny. I know the shots were taken a while ago but I'd love to know what camera and settings Benny is using.
If Benny is still around?? Kev???