PDA

View Full Version : lost 1 today

discalicious
Mon Mar 27, 2006, 09:43 PM
hi all i woke this morning and checked on my discus and seen that i have lost one fish out of 1 of my breading pairs.
it came out of quarinteen from overseas on wednesday, i put in my tanks on sat and the pair wont eat and it appears that their fins are breaking down but not in patches it was a big chunk that went really white and fell off. it also happened to 1 of my white swans when i put them in but after the white bit came off she was as good as gold and looks a treat now.
i dont know what is going on and i would like to know if any1 has had this before.?????
i was thinking it was stress from being moved from overseas, into quarinteen, to my importers house, to my house all within 2 weeks.
any opinions would be appriciated. thanks
Shane

Merrilyn
Wed Mar 29, 2006, 05:26 AM
Hi Shane, are you talking about a chunk of fin that has fallen off your fish, or scales from the body.

If it's fins, then it could certainly be just as you thought, all the stress of moving, damage from catching nets and a slight change in the pH each time.

Add 1 heap teaspoon of rock salt or cooking salt to 40 litres of water, and that will aid with the healing.