PDA

View Full Version : Baensch/Mergus - Cichlid Atlas 1

steph
Thu Mar 23, 2006, 02:54 AM
Does anyone know where to buy Uwe Romer's Dwarf Cichlid Atlas here in Australia for a reasonable amount. Amazon.com lists if for a mere $69.99 USD !

http://www.mergus.com/cichlid_atlas.html

According to the Mergus website volume 2 is due for publication this year as well.

Thanks

Steph

Th0mas
Thu Mar 23, 2006, 03:34 AM
Does anyone know where to buy Uwe Romer's Dwarf Cichlid Atlas here in Australia for a reasonable amount. Amazon.com lists if for a mere $69.99 USD !

http://www.mergus.com/cichlid_atlas.html

According to the Mergus website volume 2 is due for publication this year as well.

Thanks

Steph

Steph,

I've got a copy, and it was arranged by Chris Davis. I paid $80 for it 4.5 years ago. Drop me a line if you cannot get in touch with him.

The second volume will be available soon (as stated) and people believed it will be a different book to the first one, so it is a MUST to have as well.

Thomas.

steph
Thu Mar 23, 2006, 06:45 AM
Bth are MUST haves, better than the Dieter Bork book apparently - not that Ive got that one either.

I'll try Chris - Thanks

Steph

Th0mas
Thu Mar 23, 2006, 07:31 AM
Bth are MUST haves, better than the Dieter Bork book apparently - not that Ive got that one either.

I'll try Chris - Thanks

Steph

Steph,

When you find him, ask him whether he can obtain the DATZ book as well.

Thomas.

Proteus
Thu Mar 23, 2006, 09:23 AM
I spoke to the wholesaler today, they dont have the Cichlid Atlas in stock but are expecting them sometime in May

Th0mas
Thu Mar 23, 2006, 12:55 PM
Proteus,

Any chance your wholesaler know who stock the DATZ book in Oz?

Thomas.

kevkoi
Thu Mar 23, 2006, 01:04 PM
Hehehe.... I got the DATZ "South American Dwarf cichlids: New A-numbers, Habitat, care and reproduction" book.

BLOODY GOOD BOOK!! MUST HAVE for the South American Dwarf cichlid enthusiast.

If it isn't available in Aust, it might help if hobbyist pool together and I can try and get some copies from the guys in Singapore. They recently got a stack of these in.

kev

Th0mas
Thu Mar 23, 2006, 01:10 PM
Kev,

Am aware Mike Wise of apistogramma.com have them and willing to ship around the world. Can you give us an idea the total cost of landing the bloody book over here?

Thomas.

Sime76
Fri Mar 24, 2006, 04:57 AM
I got my DATS book from stevensimpsonbooks.com they are in the UK.
Was very happy with the service and delivery was quick too. Price was also very good if I remember correctly.

http://www.stevensimpsonbooks.com/?page=shop/flypage&product_id=3207&keyword=south+american&searchby=keyword&offset=40&fs=1&CLSN_1065=1143176387106542355572c445eb4804

kevkoi
Fri Mar 24, 2006, 08:44 AM
Mine was also from stevensimpson books distributors.

Steven Simpson Books
Fri Mar 24, 2006, 12:05 PM
All titles from Aqualog, Baensch/Mergus, Birgit Schmettkamp, Ulmer and many, many others are available to private and trade customers directly from us. Our online prices are net but we offer full trade terms to established resellers in the wider aquatic community. If you are a registered trader and would like to receive our trade catalogue please drop us a line.

APW
Fri Mar 24, 2006, 12:11 PM
Our online prices are net but we offer full trade terms to established resellers in the wider aquatic community. If you are a registered trader and would like to receive our trade catalogue please drop us a line.

You have email :wink:

parkap
Sat Mar 25, 2006, 05:01 AM
Hi All,

Being relatively new to apistogramma's I've no idea of the best and 'must have" reference books.

Anywhere on the net there's a good definitive list.

Kev,

If you are going to source some books to get them into Oz, please let us know what, when, how, etc? I'd be keen to get onto any such purchase list.

Regards,
Peter.

parkap
Fri Apr 07, 2006, 12:30 PM
Hi All,

I emailed Steven Simpson over the last couple of days re: the Cichlid Atlas. The reply was:
"Cichlid Atlas Vol.1 is out of print, a revised edition is under consideration for 2007. Cichlid Atlas Vol.2 is due end 2006, early 2007."

Regards,
p.

Robdog
Sun Jun 25, 2006, 07:42 AM
I saw a copy of this at an LFS the other day. Was in pretty ordinary condition. Looked like it had been splashed a few times, with what I don't know.
Maybe someone REALLY loves their Apistos there. No pages were stuck together though :shock: