PDA

View Full Version : Show us some apistogramma piccies....

kevkoi
Tue Mar 21, 2006, 11:55 AM
Ok, I'll start by posting up some pics of my all time favourite Apistogrammas, most of which are seldom seen and very high on my desirable list...

These are the top 3 most prized Apistogramma currently. I suppose the price is due to the rarity of collection in Brazil, they are quite sensitive and the fact that these are not that easy to breed.

kevkoi
Tue Mar 21, 2006, 12:03 PM
Below are some new apistogramma that I have just recently acquired. hope to be breeding them soon.

kevkoi
Tue Mar 21, 2006, 12:09 PM
A bit more eye candy for the Apistdophile...

Merrilyn
Tue Mar 21, 2006, 12:13 PM
Colours are amazing :shock:

The fish look like an artist has painted them.

Beautiful.

Thanks Kev for giving me something else to think about :roll: LOL

Noddy65
Tue Mar 21, 2006, 12:23 PM
Hey Kev..how common are those A. agassizis in Aus. Ive picked up 5 from my LFS and at the moment they are pretty dull coloured but with some imagination they may look like the one you pictured, the white in the tail isnt as spectacular but the body colour is VERY similar.

Mike Miller

kevkoi
Tue Mar 21, 2006, 12:34 PM
I would say the Tefe white tails aren't all that common but they do occasionally show up. The trouble with the Tefes is that they need to be good size sub-adults before they start showing colour, so they are usually passed over in most LFS which don't know what a gem they've got. Keep em, and if you can, get some dark coloured substrate to enhance their colour. I find that the ADA Aquasoil "Amazonia" works wonders for the vitality and colour of the fish. The Singaporeans have been harping about the wonders the ADA aquasoi does for their Apistogramma for ages on AQ.

kev

parkap
Tue Mar 21, 2006, 12:41 PM
Hi All,

I can't see any photos on this post. Am I missing something? (Am new to this forum so maybe there's some kind of formatting/image post protocol I'm missing.)

p.

parkap
Tue Mar 21, 2006, 12:43 PM
Forget that, it's working now........ :oops:

kevkoi
Tue Mar 21, 2006, 12:44 PM
Hmmm, must be a technical thing.... PM Proteus and see if he can sort it out for you. :)

In the mean time.. use some imagination. :lol:

parkap
Tue Mar 21, 2006, 12:47 PM
Kev,

The Elizabethae is amazing. I've been a fan of this type from a distance for quite a while now. Haven't heard anything about them being imported into Aus yet though. Any plans...? 8-)

kevkoi
Tue Mar 21, 2006, 12:53 PM
hehehe... There are a couple of pairs of show quality A.elizabethae at my mate's shop (Biotope Aquariums) in Singapore ("tucano red" and "Monte cristo"). They're going for S$620/pr!!! :shock:

U sure u want?? If you're serious, PM me... I'm heading down to Singapore next week. :lol:

Th0mas
Tue Mar 21, 2006, 01:11 PM
Kev,

The Elizabethae is amazing. I've been a fan of this type from a distance for quite a while now. Haven't heard anything about them being imported into Aus yet though. Any plans...? 8-)

Mate,

Fish aint fish here. a pair of eliza can be as expensive as a single L046 (zebra plec).

I've been waiting for some reasonable price eliza for years and their prices has never dropped.

Hopefully one day this will happen.

Thomas.

kevkoi
Tue Mar 21, 2006, 01:29 PM
Here's a teaser...
Apistogramma elizabethae "Monte cristo red" --- these are fish BRED by Mr Wilhem in Germany!!

Thomas, the "someday" may come sooner than expected.... I'm on the tail of some reasonably priced A.elizabethae.

kevkoi
Tue Mar 21, 2006, 01:50 PM
Here's another teaser....
A.diplotaenia "rio negro"

parkap
Tue Mar 21, 2006, 09:54 PM
I'm fair dinkum just drooling... What magnificent fish.

$620/pair... I've talked my wife into some crazy purchases over the last few months, but I think even that is beyond me.

Th0mas
Tue Mar 21, 2006, 11:49 PM
Mate - the only way to avoid confrontation with the financial controller is to get your tank to take care of itself (financially). Then I'm sure you'll be able to get whatever you like.

Thomas.

Th0mas
Tue Mar 21, 2006, 11:56 PM
Kev,

You're doing a great job mate, but please slow down a bit. My credit card is current in intensive care due to the last two shipment and will require some time to recover.

I've waited for over 5 years on them already, can hold back for another few months.

Thomas.

Fishpimpin73
Wed Mar 22, 2006, 02:26 AM
Yet again Kev you amaze and agravate me all in the same post.

ROTFLMAO

I am dilligently looking for many of these fishies, but with the "unaccounted for" decline in dwarf species in the U.S. these buggers are getting harder and harder to find.

Just recently I snatched up a male A. Borellii "Opal" ( the true opal, not those washed out inbreds that seem to keep popping up ). And am in search of some additional stock to breed them.

Once again I wish I was an Aussie :(

kevkoi
Wed Mar 22, 2006, 11:48 AM
U know I could give you a list of US importers that import from my supplier u know.. :wink:

OK, few more pictures to drool at.

goldenpigeon
Wed Mar 22, 2006, 12:11 PM
geez kev!!! i just fell off my seat!!!!! i would give so much to have some of those!!!! keep em comming dude!!! love em all!!!

kevkoi
Thu Mar 23, 2006, 05:14 AM
Few more to tickle.

steph
Thu Mar 23, 2006, 06:47 AM
STOP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*sniff*

You're such a tease Kev, :twisted:

I need more tanks... :roll:

Steph

goldenpigeon
Thu Mar 23, 2006, 07:09 AM
hehehehehe i definetly think that apistos are the most beutiful tropical fish beside the discus :D

Fishpimpin73
Sat Mar 25, 2006, 03:36 AM
Now you just have to tell me Kev!

I am still looking for a decent supplier.

bennyng
Mon Mar 27, 2006, 07:19 PM
Kevkoi,

Is that Apistogramma panduro in your tank or mine? Just curious...... I hope you are aware that these are from C328 and not Biotope Aquarium.

I don't mind my pictures being used, but an e-mail/PM to inform me would be polite isn't it? You obviously know which forums I am active in. I also see dbcyeo's picture being used here without his permission as well. Source of some of the pictures are from http://www.aquaticquotient.com/gallery/browseimages.php?c=41

Whilst some of the photographs are clearly marked by their authors, others are not. Readers of this thread may have the misguided impression that all the photos are of fishes from your personal collection.

I can't speak the same of the others (as such, I would suggest you ask them personally), but if you want to use my pictures, no problems. However, just hot link the images and credit the source www.aquaticquotient.com. accordingly. Otherwise, some may doubt your integrity.

Cheers,

kevkoi
Tue Mar 28, 2006, 01:59 AM
Benny, PM sent.... :wink:

parkap
Tue Mar 28, 2006, 02:21 AM
Benny,

I saw your copyright on some of the pictures Kev posted. Not only beautiful fish but amazing photos. Well done!

p.