PDA

View Full Version : New Topic area - dedicated to Dwarf Cichlids

Proteus
Tue Mar 21, 2006, 04:42 AM
Discussion area for:

South American Dwarf Cichlids

Apistogramma, Apistogrammoides, Biotoecus, Dicrossus, Microgeophagus, Nannacara, & Taeniacara

West African Dwarf Cichlids

Anomalochromis, Nanochromis, Parananochromis, Pelvicachromis, & Thysochromis

Neotropical Dwarf Cichlids

Cleithracara, Crenicara, Guianacara, Laetacara, & Teleocichla

Other Dwarf Cichlids

Chromidotilapia, Limbochromis, Steatocranus, Hemichromis cf. cristatus, Tilapia joka, T. ruweti, & Pseudocrenilabris multicolor, etc, etc

goldenpigeon
Tue Mar 21, 2006, 06:02 AM
YAY!!!! me loves proteus!!!!

*in a non gay way thoagh ;) *

Daetarek
Tue Mar 21, 2006, 06:05 AM
Awesome a place for my little rams to get some attention :)

Rob

parkap
Tue Mar 21, 2006, 10:30 AM
Well done Proteus. I lost my last dwarf home so it's great to see we've got a new cave to come to. :D

I registered onto discusforums.com as soon as I heard.

Th0mas
Tue Mar 21, 2006, 12:13 PM
Many thanks for granting a new home for those who felt loss from the ACE board.

You're an angel :angel

Thomas.

Proteus
Tue Mar 21, 2006, 09:59 PM
Just thinking, to make things interesting, some new rank titles will be added over the next few hours. They will be provided by request, or designated where it is deemed appropriate...

Keep your eyes open....

:wink:

parkap
Wed Mar 22, 2006, 09:12 PM
Proteus, you've been doing a stand up job mate.

steph
Thu Mar 23, 2006, 12:20 AM
Thanks for the new home Proteus :)

Hi everyone, and someday when work isnt so busy I will get around to finish drooling over Kev's pictures... especially the A. agassizi whitetail

*ponders more tanks, and imagines coping with a breeding setup, a 2 year old and a newborn - - sheesh gotta get my priorities right ;) *

BTW the male baenschi I got from SLS in february is starting to colour up beautifully - was he the only male in the group that time ???

Chat later

steph

kevkoi
Thu Mar 23, 2006, 01:15 AM
Steph, I really don't know. The sex seem to come very skewed one way or the other with the wild fish. Recent lot we got a whole lot of males, not many females. Previous shipment was the other way around.... :?

wickedglass
Thu Mar 23, 2006, 11:43 PM
all I can say is good work, proteus, now I can indulge in my two favourite types of fish on the one site, discus and apisto. .... damn, that sounds like a washingpowder ad!
anyway, great to see the dwarves have found a nice new home :)

Ben
Fri Mar 24, 2006, 01:30 AM
well done on the new Topic for this forum!

Might have to give these apisto's another crack.

Cheers
Ben

parkap
Sat Mar 25, 2006, 04:52 AM
*ponders more tanks, and imagines coping with a breeding setup, a 2 year old and a newborn - - sheesh gotta get my priorities right ;) *

steph

Steph, you should know from first hand experience that mum's can do EVERYTHING...! :D

steph
Sat Mar 25, 2006, 10:53 AM
Steph, you should know from first hand experience that mum's can do EVERYTHING...! :D

I'm very disappointed that Holly's first animal word was not fish but "the dog", cat and "quackquack" - for anything with wings. This is despite early indoctrination of watching the fish tank, trips to Sydney Aquarium and helping ?! with water changes. Buckets of water are such good fun and make great messes on the kitchen floor. I'll have to work harder on the next one. :D

parkap
Sat Mar 25, 2006, 12:33 PM
Well I don't have any children yet, but am expecting to have at least one in the next couple of years. If they aren't born with gills, I'm going to be very disappointed.
:wink:

amazon dee
Sat Apr 26, 2008, 04:08 AM
:D
amazon dee here and happy to be an Appisto lover.
These little characters are my babies now.

But it is in the genes though. Have faith you baby boomers.

I only just started with fish (but always had the yearning, never the time or money to do so)
2 of my kids (human of course, left home yrs ago) are fish lovers.
Daughter has africans, Son has a river system set up.

Lucky you, You can enjoy and share the experience of the water world together.

Cheers