PDA

View Full Version : Hello yall in sydney

happydiscus
Sat Jul 10, 2004, 04:18 AM
:lol: HELLO i don't have any discus yet but i'm very interested in them me and my dad r between a 83x38x60wthood and a 136x46x80 custom made. I am facinated by discus breeding so pls post some tips :lol: :D :D :D :D

flukes
Sat Jul 10, 2004, 05:22 AM
go hard or go home....
naa joking discus is a hobby where you will want it all but will be satified with much less. If i was starting out in this hobby again i would be researching like hell. Read any post in the general forum even if its about something you know, information is the key and dont believe something becausee you read it once, sorry too say but everyone in this hobby thinks they are the no.1 breeder, seller or hobbiest. My advice to you, once you get your tank you have plenty of time to learn about discus while the tank is cycling, see as much as you can. Make images in your head of what you want and discuss it other people on the forum to see if there is a better way of doing things.
Fun times ahead, and when buying your fish never listen to the person selling you the fish ask someone else who has bought fish from them, they have nothing too hide.

kalebjarrod
Sat Jul 10, 2004, 07:51 AM
my Granddad always said,

"You stop learning when you die"

read evrything
ask questions (we all love to reply)
listen to everyone's advice

then make up you own mind, you get good info and bad info

the trick is to decide what fits your fish's needs and your own needs

have fun, glad to have you on board

Proteus
Sat Jul 10, 2004, 10:28 AM
Welcome to the site...

Just remember, the only stupid question is the one not asked...

:wink: