PDA

View Full Version : How about a live Chat Room

Daetarek
Sun Mar 12, 2006, 11:50 AM
Has anybody else thought there should be a live chat room here ?

Proteus
Sun Mar 12, 2006, 11:51 AM
There was one here for over a year, it was never used so it got removed.

It was only taken off a few months ago.

Daetarek
Sun Mar 12, 2006, 12:01 PM
lol

i guess i missed out, but i am having some good conversations in the lounge and would rather them be live in some ways, instead of refreshing every few mins

Proteus
Sun Mar 12, 2006, 12:03 PM
Given the time and effort placed in setting up the previous live chat, and the fact that it wasnt utilised, kind of was a let down, but if the need arises, we can certainly look into it again.

Daetarek
Sun Mar 12, 2006, 12:06 PM
maybe we should take a vote or something see what people think

Daetarek
Sun Mar 12, 2006, 12:07 PM
maybe see if we can twist the arms of some of the more experienced people to give a Q&A session once a week, and then post the transcript later ?

DiscusWidow
Sat Mar 31, 2007, 10:44 AM
Put it up Pro... Scott will definately use it..

If it is a general chat room I will even use it will beat staring at Scott reading the forum for hours on end.

Proteus
Sat Mar 31, 2007, 01:40 PM
Given that a chat facility was on here for almost 2 years and very rarely got used it was removed.

There are also security issues involved with having chat applets hooked up to forums, so unless there is a huge demand for it it is something that has to sit in the pipeline for the moment.

martraci
Sun Apr 01, 2007, 09:07 AM
could use IRC, no cost, doesnt matter if the channel is empty (so long as a bot or chanop/chanserv is present on the network)
certain networks arent good due to their constant netsplits but in general IRC is the way

Xtreme
Fri Apr 06, 2007, 10:25 AM
Or we could organise a MSN night... just a thought :wink: