PDA

View Full Version : Longfin Albino Bristlenose - does anyone have?

goldenpigeon
Sat Mar 11, 2006, 02:39 AM
hey this is not a classifieds post cause i already have some of these little beuties but i am wondering if anyone else has them? and if so could they post how much they bought them for and where.

the fins on my 4 are about 1/3 of their total length!!!!

cheers
David

goldenpigeon
Sat Mar 11, 2006, 11:48 AM
anyone?

Ben
Sat Mar 11, 2006, 12:08 PM
There is a breeder here in Melbourne who currently is selling them, 3.5cm for $50 ea.

Ben

Freyr
Wed Mar 22, 2006, 12:15 AM
At the LFS I work at we have 2 to 2.5 inchers for about $8, if I remember correctly. This is at Scott's Pet shop in Westchester, Illinois. Don't see how that will help you if you're in Australia, though. :lol:

goldenpigeon
Wed Mar 22, 2006, 05:37 AM
lol! long fin albinos thoagh? were they actual longfins? cause $8 is very cheap!

Crocky
Wed Mar 22, 2006, 06:53 AM
it does against $80,but fish seem to be alot cheaper over seas then here.(a quote from discusjim) he moved to Australia around 2 year ago from Holland I think and always say that to me.

Brad

Freyr
Wed Mar 22, 2006, 09:48 PM
Yeah, they were longfin albinos. they were white, had bristles on their noses, and they had very long fins. Maybe they were lower quality than the ones you are seeing, tho the ones I saw looked great.

I agree with Crocky. From what I've heard on this site, many fish are more expensive in Australia than here in the states. Maybe another reason for the wide price gap.

Proteus
Wed Mar 22, 2006, 10:19 PM
GP, Longfin Albinos have been around in the U.S. for some time. I recall back in 2004 I was drooling at the fact that you could buy juvies for less than $15, obviously the price has come down further.

goldenpigeon
Thu Mar 23, 2006, 06:43 AM
awwwww!!! i was able to just get 4 and i payed the high price of $80 :evil: i wouldnt reconsider having bought them obviously but geez that really drops a load of concrete in ur boots doesnt it ..... :cry:

Freyr
Mon Mar 27, 2006, 12:36 AM
Correction to my post above. I checked price of the plecos when I went into work today. They are actually going for 10.99, not 8. Still cheaper than 80, though! :wink:

Merrilyn
Sun Sep 24, 2006, 04:12 AM
Junior I just bought four of these little guys for one of my fry grow out tanks. The true longfins, and they were $35 each at around 3cm in length.

But if your fish were bigger than that, or if there are very few of them around, then I can understand the price. It's all a case of supply and demand :P

goldenpigeon
Sun Sep 24, 2006, 08:40 AM
i have my longfins in their own tank now red. 1 male and 2 females i have :D

there werent many of them at the time when i purchased them. anyway, i had never seen them before, i wanted some, so i payed the price lol.

these guys should be breeding soon. the male would be almost 6-7cm and the female are from 5-6cm.

im very happy with them, certainly a cute and very active fish! mine NEVER hide! i thought it was strange how they wouldnt shy away from me!

chrisso81
Thu Oct 12, 2006, 01:46 PM
:D I found 2 of these guys in with a batch of normal albinos at my lfs today, 3.5cm @ $20 each....I was very quick to pull out the folding stuff!

chrisso81
Sat Oct 14, 2006, 02:46 AM
Merrilyn, what did you mean by 'the true longfins' comment?

Here's a pic of one of mine, is it a true longfin?:

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y242/chrisso81/aaaaaalbino001.jpg

mcloughlin2
Sat Oct 14, 2006, 10:09 AM
If I'm correct what Merrilyn means is that there are some Regular Albino BN that have been crossed with Long Finned Albino's ... Hence her using "True Long Fins" ...