PDA

View Full Version : sleep patterns

poppy
Fri Jul 09, 2004, 10:18 PM
How do your discus sleep?

Mine tend to lean a bit or lounge to the side and relax that way. Just wondered if all are the same? Does their whole brain shut down? Mine are also not morning fish, they take a while to wake up.

Interested to hear your views.

Poppy

kalebjarrod
Fri Jul 09, 2004, 11:58 PM
mine do the same.

scared the poojam out of me the other day.

thought they where dead

after a cuppa and the morning paper they seem to be fine........

DiscusMad
Sat Jul 10, 2004, 01:28 PM
mine are quite dosile aperantly untill I gget home from work in the mornings or when I get up.

they seem to know when daddy gets home lol

DiscusMad
Sat Jul 10, 2004, 01:35 PM
they seem to know that if i go into the kitchen they might get some BH so they wait close as they can to the kitchen to see if i come out and feed them.

And who said fish were stupid!

poppy
Sat Jul 10, 2004, 10:36 PM
yes true they seem to know when its dinnertime.........

but mine are not morning fish and dont like breakfast

flukes
Sun Jul 11, 2004, 02:05 AM
Mine are most hungry in the morning, they would eat my finger if i kept it still in the tank.!!

kalebjarrod
Sun Jul 11, 2004, 08:59 AM
I think mine realize that its pellets first thing as i head of to work all day till dusk then its all sorts.

they plod through the pellets all day then go mad for beefheart and brine shrimp and blood worms etc etc at night.

Mattzilla
Sun Jul 11, 2004, 01:45 PM
mine are pretty much begging for food as soon as i get up. their light doesn't go on till 10am but they are usuall at the front of the tank begging long before that. greedy little buggers they are.
although i think they get the shits with be becasue i always feed them their least favourite foods first, and don't give them their favs until they have finished all the least favs....then they love me!!