PDA

View Full Version : wtb flood alert/water sensor

Mattzilla
Mon Jul 05, 2004, 02:30 PM
they are sensors that sit on the edge of your tank that sound an alarm if you overfill your tank, or forget your filling your tank. they help stop you from flooding your house! i have attached a picture of the type of thing i am looking for

i can get them from america on ebay but would prefer to find them locally

thanks matt

flukes
Mon Jul 05, 2004, 02:40 PM
Ive been looking for them also and havent had any luck. Was that Jemco in the U.S you were talking about?? I want a few product from them but i would rather find them in oz, there must be a company that has these kind of things.
Ive asked every where, i even ask my uncle who works for reece if he had ever seen something like this or similar but no luck.
So if anyone has any info it would be great..

Thanks
Scott

Mattzilla
Mon Jul 05, 2004, 02:58 PM
well i just bought the one pictured through ebay for US$16.50 including delivery to try it out. it should be here in a week or so. i told the guy that if it was what i am after then i would pass his contact details onto everyone else who is looking for this type of thing

fingers crossed it's what i'm after. i'll keep you posted

flukes
Mon Jul 05, 2004, 03:02 PM
Thanks mate, if its good i might get one as the one from jhemco was $US45 but it did look alot more savy then that one. But if it works i am all for it.

Mattzilla
Mon Jul 05, 2004, 03:05 PM
yeah i just hope it is going to aquarium friendly
and not stick out like a third nut...lol

time will tell

Proteus
Mon Jul 05, 2004, 11:39 PM
Matt there are sensors available here, but they aint cheap, and they are as ugly, even uglier than the one you displayed...

Can you add that to my shopping list over here :-

http://www.discusforums.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=659

thx

kalebjarrod
Tue Jul 06, 2004, 09:59 AM
thier are better products available from most LFS.

that thing looks like the south end of a north bound donkey!

if your LFS does not have one they can order them in..

they are attached to a small box which goes behind the tank attached to what ever you what to turn off.

they also work in the opposite when water drops they can turn on!

the switch is maybe 5 cm long and 2 cm wide with a small cable returning to the control box.

ohhhh and its black so it does not look like someone dropped your keyboard in the tank!

Proteus
Tue Jul 06, 2004, 11:54 AM
I think there is a pinpoint model and another that I cant remember the name of that sets an alarm off for both high and low levels...

will do some checking.