PDA

View Full Version : Did you know? (Dupla...)

Proteus
Wed Feb 22, 2006, 01:21 AM
I thought I would put up a post on this as I have spoken to many people and they were not aware that Red Sea own and manufacture Dupla products.

It is also rumoured that the Red Sea products (new range) are far superior to that of what Dupla provide (best of both worlds I guess).

I know some people who are fanatical about Dupla and won't hear a bar of this, but just think, by buying the same, if not better product you can save a bundle of cash...

koolios...

Sime76
Wed Feb 22, 2006, 12:03 PM
Yeah I heard this a while ago too.
I have noticed all the new Red Sea lines that have been poping up everywhere are very similar to the Dupla products but alot cheaper e.g the substrate heaters.

APW
Wed Feb 22, 2006, 12:20 PM
I have noticed all the new Red Sea lines that have been poping up everywhere are very similar to the Dupla products but alot cheaper e.g the substrate heaters.

Like this:

Red Sea Root Therm Substrate Heater 160 (http://www.aquariumproductswholesale.com/cart.php?m=product_detail&p=566)

Red Sea Root Therm Substrate Heater 400 (http://www.aquariumproductswholesale.com/cart.php?m=product_detail&p=567)

:D

goldfish
Fri Mar 31, 2006, 07:41 AM
can this Red Sea Root Therm Substrate Heater 400 be use as a heater?

revkev
Fri Mar 31, 2006, 08:02 AM
Hi the answer to your question is no. The substrate heaters are only used to create a small current of warm water to rise up through the substrate so that no dead spots are formed that will turn the substrate bad (black and smelly) also helps the plants grow with the water movement around the roots.
Hope this helped
Revkev

taksan
Fri Mar 31, 2006, 03:49 PM
I thought I would put up a post on this as I have spoken to many people and they were not aware that Red Sea own and manufacture Dupla products.

It is also rumoured that the Red Sea products (new range) are far superior to that of what Dupla provide (best of both worlds I guess).

I know some people who are fanatical about Dupla and won't hear a bar of this, but just think, by buying the same, if not better product you can save a bundle of cash...

koolios...

What I meant to say was ....
Red Sea bought Dupla
Red Sea stripped out all the good Dupla patents and technology
Red Sea then sold Dupla
Now Red Sea is bringing out products based on the Dupla technology at half the price that are exactly the same