PDA

View Full Version : BIG FAT LEECHES

jack columbano
Sun Jul 04, 2004, 04:42 AM
:shock:
Im new here so please bare with me my name is Jack and im a New Yorker, so ill try to be nice or at least non offencive, lol
any way i was cleaning my tank tonight and i found leeches lots of the little(^%#@%@#%) things !
in the gravel,
now i have a bare tank with a flower pot and my discus.
When i checked the filter, i found little flat oval brownish things which I washed out after scraping them off.. what were they and now that the tank is bare and the fish have attitudes, how do i prevent this from happening again.
I do feed with black worm because my fish are spoiled and they know it
they wont eat anything else, can i dose this tank with something monthly
or am i just getting twisted for no reason?
are the brown oval things related to the leeches?

kalebjarrod
Sun Jul 04, 2004, 07:43 AM
glad to hay you on board.

can you post a pic i'm stumped

jack columbano
Sun Jul 04, 2004, 01:18 PM
I cant post pics as I weight war on the little buggers
and won, I think
if I had to discribe them, I would say abaloni or flounders being that I fish alot and watch the discovery channels, that's what the brown ovals looked like
As far as the leeches they looked like the black worm but swim like eels and stick to the syphon tube in a panic ( they knew what was instore for them!
Now I been out of the fish hobby for a while but I was in it a lot longer than I can remember, fresh and salt .
but I never came across this.
noone has any idea what to do, could I be the only one in this hobby with this problem ........should I name it, lol
I had one hobbist tell me i should wipe down the glass once a week,
im thinkin he shouldnt quit his day job! ..........:roll:

Proteus
Sun Jul 04, 2004, 02:33 PM
welcome J C

by any chance were they a reddish/brown colour, about 1/4 - 1/2 inch long, thin like a thread of cotton???

jack columbano
Mon Jul 05, 2004, 04:44 AM
no at least an inch, fat as a pencil lead, you got the color right and when disturbed that swam like eels
and boy they swam

jack columbano
Mon Jul 05, 2004, 04:45 AM
oops looks like i stutter lol

Proteus
Mon Jul 05, 2004, 05:14 AM
duplicate post deleted...

:wink: