PDA

View Full Version : Bubbles !

Roy
Sun Feb 19, 2006, 04:00 AM
I have stripped down my main display tank and shifted everything into a spare tank in the back room.
Woke up this morning to bubbles !

http://www.pbase.com/cmdr_roy/image/56230163.jpg

Seems everything is going well, except i ran out of liquid fertilizer.
Seems only the swords and one of the anubias is streaming though, the others dont seem to have caught on.
Thinking of hooking up a second CO2 bottle to the tank (there are no fish in it just the plants).

http://www.pbase.com/cmdr_roy/image/56230164.jpg

Roy

duck
Sun Feb 19, 2006, 10:27 AM
Hook up the second bot,You might get some pearling.

Roy
Fri Feb 24, 2006, 09:56 PM
Well the Anubias started bubbling a few days later, im going to hook up a second bottle today after the water change.
Im just running a powerhead at one end for water circulation and no heater (its been hot here in Melbourne for the last few days).
Will see if i can get some pearling happening this week.

Roy

klinikal
Wed Mar 15, 2006, 01:58 AM
Bubbles and pearling? Could you explain what that means for your plants?
Chris

ellwa
Wed Mar 15, 2006, 11:39 PM
Bubbles and pearling? Could you explain what that means for your plants?
Chris

I think that it means the plants are photosynthezing well, converting CO2[fuel] and other nutrients[fertilizer] into better plant growth, improving photosynthesis, releasing oxygen[exhaust] as a by product, much as humans use oxygen[fuel] in co2[exhaust], thus bubbles on the plants.

I think I had some a few days ago just after I added ferts and replenished my CO2, on my green lotus... Dunno, you tell me..

klinikal
Thu Mar 16, 2006, 01:30 AM
Hi Ellwa,
Thanks for the response. I suspected something like that but I had no idea a plant could exhaust a stream of O2 like that. I have a similar situation in my CO2 fertilized tank...except it is the algea producing bubbles!
Chris

ellwa
Thu Mar 16, 2006, 12:56 PM
Hi Ellwa,
Thanks for the response. I suspected something like that but I had no idea a plant could exhaust a stream of O2 like that. I have a similar situation in my CO2 fertilized tank...except it is the algea producing bubbles!
Chris

I only say exhaust because my three big entusiest things are cars, aquariums, and computers, and I'm always either talking cars[turbo chargers, intercoolers, etc] and aquariums. its the way I can best explain it to myself :)

vishy
Sat Mar 18, 2006, 03:43 AM
Pearling is a result of total saturation of oxygen in the water along with high co2 levels and good conditioning and growth of your plants as the water is full of O2 it cannot dissolve in the water therefore leaves the plants in bubbles :lol: looks good but :lol:
Thanks
Matt