PDA

View Full Version : DYI vacuum

rtraher
Fri Feb 10, 2006, 09:38 AM
I got tired of how long it took to vacuum out my bare bottom tanks. Also when the glass gets wiped down all the sediment floats around in the water. I made up a new vacuum that works really well. Now I can vacuum and wipe down the bare bottom at the same time in seconds. No more stirring up the sediment it all get sucked down the drain. The Mrs's hasn't noticed what is missing from the vacuum cleaner set yet.... :D

Russel

Mulisha
Fri Feb 10, 2006, 10:21 AM
HEHE Very nice looks great and is very good idea :D

Ben
Sat Feb 11, 2006, 01:47 AM
Thats a ripper of an idea Russel!

Although it does seem a bit strange i could see that it would work extremely well!

Did the mrss catch you stealing it from the vacuum??

Cheers
Ben

rtraher
Sat Feb 11, 2006, 02:13 AM
It does work really well and I can polish the bottom of a 2x2x2 tank in less than a minute, my 6x2x2 probably in 3 minutes. The clear tube is 20mm in diameter so the sucking power is quite strong. I’ve got my tanks plumbed with drains and have an auxiliary drain at the bottom of the 2 tier stand for vacuuming.

She is overseas until next week, so no not yet.....

Russel

goldenpigeon
Sat Feb 11, 2006, 02:23 AM
Awesome idea!!!!! it is a pain cleaning BB tanks that have many fish in it! so much junk and it goes everywhere! nice job.... might have to steel my vac head too hehehehe

Merrilyn
Sat Feb 11, 2006, 07:50 AM
Hey I love it. Now where did I put the vacuum cleaner ???????????

sammigold
Sat Feb 11, 2006, 08:49 AM
what a great Idea..... I knew the Vac would come in handy for something oneday.... :lol: :lol: :lol: