PDA

View Full Version : Finally Started

ellwa
Mon Feb 06, 2006, 01:18 PM
So tonight I finially got my tank filled, and watered.

Managed to find some Pure Amonia in the local stuper market, and I've got it all up and running.

I dont have any old tank stuff, because I threw it all out before I went O/S and before I foudn this forum.

stats..
40G
Eheim 2224
Hydor undergravel heating cables[not running yet] and 300W SS heater
Soon to be running pressurised CO2
110W or PowerCompact lighting with 50/50 actinic lamps.about 2.75WPG
14kg of Seachem Flourite

Got it all going, and my parameters are as follows..
temp 28C
Amonia 6ppm
Nitrate 0ppm
Nitrite 0ppm
Kh 3degrees
pH 7.0
Fe0.2

Here's hoping I can make a good go of it this time around!
Going into the tank will be my two Clown Loaches, Frank & Beans, as well as some discus, perhaps some angels, and I'm about to start the hunt for an albino pleco, and some SAEs[I already have these bad boys.]
Attatched are some pics
Elliot.
Looking Forward To A Great Plant Tank.

also, please feel free to recommend any plants, or anything else.

FishLover
Mon Feb 06, 2006, 03:45 PM
Looks like you have too many tankmates for the Discus. Some people are very concerned about keeping Angles with Discus. You may want to check out the tankmate section to make sure.

mistakes r crucial
Mon Feb 06, 2006, 07:55 PM
Hi Ellwa,

The list of fish you want to keep is not a perfect match for Discus. Many believe Angels are carriers of disease that don't really affect them but most certainly do Discus. I used to breed Angels and my personal experience is that they are far too aggressive to keep with Discus.

I have kept small Plecos in my Discus grow out tanks to help keep them clean but after a few months they grew so much feeding on beefheart/seafood mix they became a real problem sucking on the sides of my Discus so out they went. I wouldn't do that again either.

Cardinal Tetras or Rummynose are a good tank mate for Discus. The Rummynose will also let you kow how good your water is too. HTH
MAC

ellwa
Mon Feb 06, 2006, 10:57 PM
The angels are just an idea at this stage, as mum has a thing for them, and being that she did pay for the tank, she gets some say.

I will re-consider, and no pleco, thats cool. :)