PDA

View Full Version : On line aquaria store

Hawque
Mon Jun 28, 2004, 10:23 PM
Just wondering if anyone knows of any difficulties with www.aquaria.com.au (Australian Aquarium Warehouse) in West Australia?

Have seen them recommended on the site by another user, so I went and ordered some goods from them on Friday (25/06/04) but did not receive an order confirmation.

I then e-mailed them early on Monday (28/06/04) morning, but got no reply. Tried to call them on the number on their web site and only got a fax machine. Tried calling the number in the Yellow Pages but it is disconnected. Rang Telstra directory services and they have no listing for them. I have even sent a fax to their listed fax machine with still no results.

Starting to get a little concerned that they may have gone out of business or worse still may not be a legitimate business?????

flukes
Tue Jun 29, 2004, 12:56 AM
I did business with them, and replies with emails where about 1-2days. I didnt really get a confirmation on the order, i had to email them and ask them when it would get here.

I know it is a legitamite business whether or not the have closed down i am not sure but if they have you should get your money back.

Hawque
Tue Jun 29, 2004, 01:34 AM
Still haven't heard anything from them, but have noticed that my AMEX has now been charged.

Hopefully my order will arrive today or tomorrow. I asked for express freight and that should take no more than a couple of days to Brisbane.

I just hate it when internet companies do not reply to your communications and to make it worse their phone number appears to be wrong... :evil:

Chris McMahon
Tue Jun 29, 2004, 03:08 AM
I've ordered a couple of times off them. Normally I get email answered within 24 hours. I was planning on putting in another order in a week or so, let me know how you go.

Proteus
Tue Jun 29, 2004, 08:23 AM
Call me narrow sighted, but I only will deal with a few online traders, and luckily most of them are sponosrs here, (and a couple of others)

I guess Age of Aquariums and Aquatic Life Aquariums would be my picks from a personal standpoint, however I have heard lots of good things about Aquamail.com.au

Heres an idea, how does a tender type forum sound like (for non urgent but required items), you post what you want and let the retailers make an offer... :wink:

(either publically or in private)

fishpimp
Tue Jun 29, 2004, 12:11 PM
i think thats a great idea proteus.

Hawque
Tue Jun 29, 2004, 11:15 PM
Like the idea of the tender system...

Still haven't heard anything from the supplier above. Very annoying. At this rate, if the plants do arrive they will probably be dried out... :evil:

Hawque
Wed Jun 30, 2004, 12:44 AM
Plants have finally arrived... :P

Still have not had any communication from the company though, which is pretty slack in my opinion.

The plants looks good and healthy, but the customer management leaves something to be desired :!:

flukes
Wed Jun 30, 2004, 12:51 AM
Yeah i thought a confirmation on the order would be good. I had to ring them and they still werent 100% sure the order was coming.
Although the plants were good when you dont have good customer service you dont have a good business and i think it might effect them alot more than they think.

Chris McMahon
Wed Jun 30, 2004, 04:06 AM
Just got a reply from them:-

Hi Chris
Everything is ok now, we have been having server problems for the last
couple of days but it seems to be sorted now. Thanks for the concern
Regards
Tom

Hawque
Wed Jun 30, 2004, 05:46 AM
I got that e-mail too, but that doesn't explain the problem with the phone number not working/not listed or why they were unable to call me back when I sent a faxed copy of my order through to them :?: :?: :?: :evil:

Poor customer service eventually leads to no customers.... :(

dreamer
Wed Jun 30, 2004, 07:07 AM
purchased some plants from them sometimes last year, arrived in 3days by express post. one thing i learnt is not to buy 'local' species . they may be cheap but no where near as nice as imported sp.

Proteus
Wed Jun 30, 2004, 07:47 AM
server issues or not, if a business is to offer an online store, then backup plans should be in place, especially with the multitude of ways in which to communicate. Phone, Fax, SMS, Email (you can use any computer, anywhere almost to access e-mail)...

As I have not dealt with this company before I will not race to make any judgements, but I think a speedier reply or conformation is not too much to ask for.

DiscusMad
Thu Jul 15, 2004, 02:55 PM
I tryed Aquamail.com.au for a filter pump and it was very fast posted to the door within 5 working days thought it was great