PDA

View Full Version : Please help ID these guys ?

Dee
Mon Jun 28, 2004, 02:52 PM
Hi All !

This is my first post in the forum, ive been reading the forum for a while now and its been a great source of info for when i was setting up and buying fish for my tank, so thanks to you all !!!

Anyway here's what i ended up with ... the first one is a snakeskin of some description, as it has a higher number of stress bars than the others .... the two others where bought as both being the same strain, but seam to have very different markings, anyway any info would be great !

once again thanks to all ! :D

sunshinediscus
Mon Jun 28, 2004, 09:41 PM
The 1st one looks like a ss with some red spotted green blood in it. The other 2 look like red turquoise. It is possible they came from the same spawn as ss parents always through a lot of variation in the progeny.

SLY
Tue Jun 29, 2004, 03:03 AM
1st pic is ss
2nd and 3rd are turqs

Supersnake
Tue Jun 29, 2004, 12:14 PM
Nice Bloody fish!
I had one like this in the seventies (last century), Don't know what you call it.

Supersnake

Supersnake
Tue Jun 29, 2004, 12:16 PM
Can I buy?

Supersnake

Dee
Wed Jun 30, 2004, 02:27 PM
Thanks to all for the reply's :)

any idea of what kind of SS ? there all still juvi's at about 3.5inches each.

hey supersnake im not a breeder just a hobbyist, i got these about a month ago from a melbourne importer.

thanks again !!! :)

flukes
Thu Jul 01, 2004, 12:22 AM
OAFI?? I am after a snakeskin like that.. then again Kev will have one.

Dee
Thu Jul 01, 2004, 02:45 PM
heya flukes,

yep got them from aofi, when i get more discus i might go through SLS next time. they have great fish from what ive seen in the forum.

cheers :)

flukes
Fri Jul 02, 2004, 09:50 AM
put it this way SLS is about 10times the quality of oafi. But oafi aint bad compared too the rest of melbourne.

Dee
Sat Jul 10, 2004, 02:40 PM
Hi Flukes,

what makes SLS's such qaulity fish ? just thought id ask !

Cheers

flukes
Sat Jul 10, 2004, 03:43 PM
Too tell you the truth OAFI fish arnt bad and would probably be the best in melbourne, but he asks alot (price wise). SLS fish just seem healthier. Dont know the must have better connections, just take it from someone who has tried both and has no connection with either. SLS is cheaper for a better quality fish.

Dee
Sun Jul 11, 2004, 01:12 PM
Hi Flukes,

Thanks for the info ... ill go through SLS when i get my next batch in a month or two :D

Thanks Agian