PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Strains

flukes
Mon Jun 28, 2004, 01:36 PM
Just wondering what people like..

hogangtp
Mon Jun 28, 2004, 06:27 PM
well my fav is pigeon bloods, but leopards are so close. I did vote for pb's though

kalebjarrod
Tue Jun 29, 2004, 08:28 AM
ahhhhhh, you left this one so simple

I had to vote for "other" you had no choices

ITS ALL OF THE ABOVE.......

Simple Simple Simple Simple....

Proteus
Tue Jun 29, 2004, 08:50 AM
Ditto to the previous post, although I voted for solids as I love my Bunga Rayas.

sunshinediscus
Tue Jun 29, 2004, 11:39 AM
I voted turquoise, but from my records of fish sold solid colored discus sell fastest. BD's easily sell the fastest, followed by red's although the whites sell fairly slowly.

Escher
Tue Aug 17, 2004, 03:51 AM
I am in love with strong bright colours, so melons, briliant and marlboro top my list. Not too keen of fish that look washed out or with strange bloches as if they have a skin desease. :?
Gianluca :D

Escher
Thu Aug 19, 2004, 01:18 AM
viewed 118 times so fare, but only 22 people voted? Come on guys, what are you afraid of? Get clicking (it's just for fun).

chrissyoscar
Thu Aug 19, 2004, 01:25 AM
Don't forget just because it's been viewed 118 doesn't meen it's been viewed by 118 different people. Every time you have a look at this post it counts as a view. I've viewed it at least 6 times and you yourself have viewed it at the very least twice.

Oscar

Escher
Thu Aug 19, 2004, 01:36 AM
Point taken; but with 22 votes it would make it about 6 views per persona. We can surely do better.

chrissyoscar
Thu Aug 19, 2004, 01:43 AM
Yeah I agree, with 275 registered users we should be able to get more than just 22 votes.

Plecostomus
Fri Aug 20, 2004, 07:14 PM
I guess Turquoise, beautiful things.

Trebs
Tue Sep 07, 2004, 12:58 AM
Moody Red SS - Particularly when they are slightly darker and have a bronze colour to them.

faewyn
Sat Oct 16, 2004, 05:14 AM
Yet to own discus, but White swans and Blue diamonds and my 2 favourite so far!

jim
Sun Oct 17, 2004, 02:02 AM
Good luck with White swans...it grow really slow..and it's very very hard to find adult size on the market..

flukes
Sun Oct 17, 2004, 05:02 AM
Hard too find adults since when?? I had plenty offered too me!

I just dont see the pointin buying a plain white discus when there are soo many other colors and patterns..

kalebjarrod
Sun Oct 17, 2004, 06:35 AM
whites are a great base to breed new strains from, other than that i don't like em................ bit boring

lighter
Sun Oct 17, 2004, 09:49 AM
I'm not really into discus but i would prefer those solid colour ones, especially the red ones..

kalebjarrod
Sun Oct 17, 2004, 11:40 AM
how can you not be into discus?

Discus rock, with a pleco in thier for the hell of it :wink:

scrappy
Thu Oct 21, 2004, 03:11 PM
so far i must say that the blue diamonds are the top of my list....

when i setup, i'd like a very colourful tank so any surggestions would help.

thanks

oh yeah, they will be going in a 90 gal.

jim
Fri Oct 22, 2004, 05:57 AM
I never have luck with blue diamonds...had 3 die on me....
Red Melons are very nice...bit more expensive then blue diamond...but it's worth it..

Essayons89
Thu Oct 28, 2004, 02:13 AM
I voted for solids as well. I love the blue diamonds and red melons. I'm looking to get some of the white diamonds next.

Bryan

Proteus
Thu Oct 28, 2004, 02:55 AM
Bryan... if you want an awesum looking White Discus, see if you can track down a White Swan...

Essayons89
Thu Oct 28, 2004, 05:01 AM
Oh wow! Thanks Proteus, I just googled and saw some pics of the white swans. If I can track some of them down I'm going to get them.

bryan

Aurora
Thu Oct 28, 2004, 05:57 AM
Yay, I was the only person to vote for Checkerboards :D

pastaboy
Sun Dec 05, 2004, 03:08 AM
I would have to say my favorite is a perfect pair of Ocean Greens. Will never be able to beat'em

x Mouse x
Thu Dec 23, 2004, 03:37 AM
I went for the turquoise...
althought I don't own any discus... yet ;)

bob
Wed Dec 29, 2004, 10:23 PM
you guys are crazy my white diamond looks great with my blue diamond and my wilds
bob

Majesticaquatic
Thu Jan 20, 2005, 04:45 PM
Being a "wholesale to the public" (through the internet) provider I have an opportunity to get a first hand view of what is popular and desired.
The Turqoise strain is still the most popular/desired variety... of course one must bear in mind that as these come in a broad array of 'patterns' (ie. "Royal', 'Spiderweb', 'Snakeskin', spotted, checkered, etc.) and some patterns are more desireable than others.....
There are the "FAD" varieties, those that are new or rarer or more unusual, these will always have a following..
MY personal opinion is that clean, well marked 'Dragons' (usually PB genetics) are the most desireable as they provide the broadest and most unique displays of colors and patterns.. I am especially fond of the "reverse" colored varieties of these.
Opinions and 'tastes' vary tho..... and that is a wonderfull thing.. :D 8-)

goldenpigeon
Fri Feb 25, 2005, 11:14 PM
i have to say that i like the white butterfly's the best. but only the clean ones (no peppering).

pigeons are my second favorite.

David

goldenpigeon
Fri Mar 25, 2005, 08:32 AM
yes!!!!

i finally got 2 white butterfly's after months of waiting for them to grow up! :D ive had my eye on these 2 for soooo long (not to mention they were bred especially for me) :lol:

white butterfly's are the BEST!!!! :D

goldenpigeon
Fri Mar 25, 2005, 10:01 AM
come on ppl only 93 votes and 1509 views of this post!!!!l ets hear what every1 likes!

Proteus
Fri Mar 25, 2005, 10:13 AM
I would have viewed this thread at least 30-40 times, and with others who would have done the same it drops the numbers, plus guests can view this, but only members can vote...

:wink:

kalebjarrod
Fri Mar 25, 2005, 08:26 PM
and members are the one that count!

do you have any pic's of your white's?

if so start a new thread i'd like to see them

goldenpigeon
Fri Mar 25, 2005, 09:56 PM
yeah ill try but i dont have a digi cam so ill have to scan the pics

Squid
Mon May 16, 2005, 11:54 AM
Gotta say - I do love my Ocean greens and solid blues/diamonds - but I reckon they look fake against the wild coari greens and wild elenquer blues in the tanks next to them. I've gone right back into wild varieties and I'm going over there (to Manaus/Amazon) to collect my own newt year. It actually works out cheaper to catch your own - let Turky's aquarium keep them-Get them to Australia (via Germany) and have a holiday!! Or you can buy them off wholesalers for twice the price as the above whole deal. I'll let everyone know how I go with it. :!:

Merrilyn
Mon May 16, 2005, 11:59 AM
Keep us posted when you go Squid. Remember we want to see lots of piccies.

Proteus
Wed Oct 19, 2005, 12:44 PM
Thought I would bump this up the order for those that havent voted...

:wink:

oscar
Thu Oct 20, 2005, 11:55 PM
I like a variety but i must say i'm getting a good effect on one of my tanks that is just a handful of yellow melon and BD's.

The movement of the block colours work well against the plants (Not densly planted for once), wood and wite pool sand.

I also run a 10,000K bulb and a blue actinic.

That's what is taking my fancy at the moment.

DiscusMan
Fri Oct 21, 2005, 05:14 AM
Ghost based discus.

Nebulas
Calicos
etc etc

Wayne

the_oracle
Fri Oct 21, 2005, 06:05 PM
I would have to vote for "others". I especially like my Blue Knights since I acquired them in late July this year...........Their high body n high fin makes them look marvellous............That's the kind of shape I would definitely like to work on..............

Sanie.

sammigold
Sat Oct 22, 2005, 11:04 AM
I love solids ie blue diamonds but I really go crazy when I see beautiful chequerboard discus especially red/orange ones with whites and some of the beautiful mosaic red turqs.... so I voted chequerboards and mosaics.