PDA

View Full Version : They have spawned

Proteus
Tue Jun 22, 2004, 12:12 PM
Much to my surprise when I got home today I noticed approx 150+ fertile eggs on the breeding cone in one of the 4ft tanks...

Normally I would just think, geesh thanks guys (Marlboro Red pair) as they have spawned at least 5-6 times so far with no luck, but today Red & Big Red were at the other end of the tank cleaning some glass (here they go again)...

So I look a little bit closer, and surprise surprise it is an Ocean Green pair that I picked up from SLS a few months back gaurding the eggs...

I am not crossing my fingers as it is there first attempt, but in a way it would be fitting, one pair that keeps trying, then a rookie pair striking a home run first up...

*w00t*

kevkoi
Tue Jun 22, 2004, 12:23 PM
Geez... are u lucky or are u lucky?! U keep getting pairs off us! :)

Rock on Proteus!

flukes
Tue Jun 22, 2004, 02:22 PM
Congrats Rho, wouldnt mind some of that batch!!! Hopefully they will show red and big red a trick or two. 8)

I call the first pick of the fry!! (pitty iam in melbourne.)

AdelaideAnt
Wed Jun 23, 2004, 04:19 AM
Good stuff mate, i cant wait untill mine are at that stage...although it might not be long, i'm pretty sure a pair of bluediamonds are getting frisky, they are tail slapping alot and stick to one end of the tank. They havn't started cleaning a surface yet but hopefully soon :D.

Anthony

Mattzilla
Wed Jun 23, 2004, 06:19 AM
nice work mate!! i might have to come and check them out if they make it the next week or so.

let me know

matt

Proteus
Wed Jun 23, 2004, 02:15 PM
...as per what I honestly expected, 2 & 1/2 days and they have become snack food...

oh well, I suspected the 2 involved were pairing up previously, now just for some practice and some more time, they are still quite young.

AdelaideAnt
Thu Jun 24, 2004, 12:14 AM
At least you know you got a pair and furtile eggs, never mind
:)