PDA

View Full Version : see ya later, and thanks!

jluna
Sat Jun 19, 2004, 08:19 PM
well, just wanted to say see you later to you all, and thanks for all the info and advice i've gotten from this foum!!

i decided after a year to get rid of my disus, and took them to my lfs yesterday, who is going to use them for a new display tank. i know, shock horror, no discus?? i'm returning to my roots - i'm picturing my tank full of south american dwarf cichlids, hatchets, and tetras!! ah, bliss!

the discus are just a little too much for me and my lifestyle, and i would rather keep fish that i know i can relax more with, rather than be a bit worried about what might happen next. i will miss the kings, they are gorgeous, but just not for me. i'll still be popping in to this site to see what's happening, (and of course to vote, proteus!!) so i hope that the hobby keeps you happy and content, and good luck!

justin moon

Proteus
Sat Jun 19, 2004, 11:27 PM
Justin, there is nothing wrong with doing what needs to be done.

Thankfully you have done the right thing, too many times I have heard of people getting tired of keeping high maintenance fish such as Discus and they just let things go downhill, with the fish suffering then going to fishy heaven.

At the end of the day, you know what your priorities are, and so long as you are happy, then as far as I am concerned, so am I.

Please keep us up to date with how the new guys go, remember we all dont just have Discus in our tanks (I have a bit of everything in various tanks), so if you have a question, feel free to ask, yes this is primarily a Discus site, but I dont walk around blind sighted to the fact that there are many other types of fish out there (not as spectacular as Discus though - had to add that...) so ask away or at least just touch base from time to time.

Good luck and take care dude...

:wink:

flukes
Sun Jun 20, 2004, 02:34 AM
Good stuff Justin, nice too hear that you can leave the hobby gracefully and not with a tank of dead fish. As Proteus said we are not all discus nuts, there are many other fish in the tanks we keep, kind tend to favour them a bit more.

Anyway hope to hear from you in the future.