PDA

View Full Version : Plant Hormones

Josh Vincent
Mon Dec 19, 2005, 05:46 AM
Anyone in the forum used them? Products like the AZOO Gibberellins, Auxins etc.

I have a crypt plant that is not doing well at the moment. It was doing well for the first six months until recent.

I have not change the dosing of ferts or either moved the plant to a different position in my tank. I think crypts don't like getting moved around as it melts.

I read somewhere that AZOO gibberellins hormone is a crypt saver. I want hear you opinion about this.

Thanks

Josh

DarrenJThomas
Tue Dec 20, 2005, 05:01 AM
I dont know much about the product you are refering to but could it be a possability that the plant has used up all of the substrate fertiliser within its roots. If this is the case you could try using fertiliser balls. I have seen postings on how to make them, i also think it is a dupla product. All you do is push them into the sand at the base of the plant to replenish the substrate fertiliers. I think this will be your most efffective outcome.

atuarium
Tue Dec 27, 2005, 10:08 AM
Hi there, I'm new to this forum but i've had some experience with the AZOO hormones. I personally didn't find that they did anything... much like the rest of the product range from AZOO, but my housemate swears by them. He purchased the triple pack from WA and added them every couple of weeks.

I would maybe try the substrate ferts that Darren mentioned, but instead of the Dupla laterite balls, I would preferrably get the Seachem version (a bit cheaper and has more in it).

By all means give the hormones a go, just b/c they didn't do much for me, doesn't mean, they won't give your crypt the kick up the bum it needs. But before all this, I would just let it go... I've had plants not grow for 3 mths and I was gonna pull them up then next thing they have taken off...

Josh Vincent
Wed Dec 28, 2005, 02:30 AM
Thanks for the advice atuarium and DarrenJThomas.