PDA

View Full Version : give me your 2cents woth on a 4 foot tank

look@thefish
Tue Dec 13, 2005, 12:32 AM
Okays so after xmas im pulling the the 4foot tank, so i guess i needs your guys n gals inputs.

1. When using a canister filter do u have to drill holes in ur tank for the pipes to go into? As i dont have any clue as to how to do that.

2. I read the post below about "whats the best substrate" now i dont have any co2. So is it still ok to use soils?

3. how much whattage would i need in a 4foot by 1 1/2 foot?

Any help much appreciated

DarrenJThomas
Tue Dec 13, 2005, 12:50 AM
I had an 4ft aquarium which i ran 2 x canister filters. You dont have to drill holes in the tank, which is usually dont at the time of manufacturing.

It is personal preference but I would have thought that running the pipework over the edge of the glass would suffice and would maintain any resale value in the tank as not everyone will use canister filters.

In regards to substrate i would still use it even if you dont have Co2. This will provide a great base fertiliser for your plants. I used Dupla's.

In regards to lighting I used Aqua Ones 2 x fluro option. worked well. You could probably get the same output from a fluro provided from an electrical joint but it may lack in presentation.

HTH

look@thefish
Tue Dec 13, 2005, 05:34 AM
ty.
That really helps alot. I will deffinaly be adding the soil substrate. And looks like i need another light.

look@thefish
Tue Dec 13, 2005, 05:35 AM
ty.
That really helps alot. I will deffinaly be adding the soil substrate. And looks like i need another light.

duck
Tue Dec 13, 2005, 05:54 AM
With a good substrate and the extra light you should see you right.