PDA

View Full Version : gold coast discus

kalebjarrod
Mon Jun 14, 2004, 07:58 AM
who do you go to on the gold coast for GOOD quality discus.

i have been to the breeders page but sunshine coast is the closest and that can be 2.5 hour drive depending on traffic

i am looking for a range of quality small fish (5-6cm) for my new tank

suggestions :lol:

Proteus
Mon Jun 14, 2004, 08:09 AM
G & S Aquariums...

give George a buzz to see what he has in stock.

otherwise SLS can freight them to you.

kalebjarrod
Mon Jun 14, 2004, 08:16 AM
you need to pull your act together that post took you nearly 3.5 seconds

i'll expect better next time

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

where is G & S?

contact details

although i have heard good things about SLS how do i look at the fish and check feeding and health etc etc

or is this just a given? do they have a company profile so i can resherch them?

thanks again

kevkoi
Mon Jun 14, 2004, 08:23 AM
G&S aquariums
http://www.gnsaquarium.com.au/

------------------------------------

U could alternatively get the mighty Proteus to come down to SLS and pick your fish for you.... :lol:

Chris McMahon
Mon Jun 14, 2004, 08:55 AM
There's also Aquarium Warehouse (http://www.aquariumwarehouse.com.au) in Southport. They have some large discus and are geting more soon.

kalebjarrod
Mon Jun 14, 2004, 09:01 AM
yes i checked gold coast aquarimums fish today

the only prob is it looks like all thier tanks are run through the same system and this includeds a load of angels and it gets me a little scared

although thier fish did look quite good! no in fact they look great

i just want to load my tank with the best quailty (not the most exotic)

and i took me awile to find good fish the last time i grew discus

Who is proteus? and how do i know he knows what to look for at SLS

aslo how long would it take to ship and what procedures are involved in packing

kevkoi
Mon Jun 14, 2004, 09:20 AM
Proteus, is the aministrator and creator of this forum.... :lol: He keeps his fair share of discus and is a member of the ADA.

..... I'm just being cheeky and passing the buck to him.

If we send you fish, u will be assured good quality and healthy fish sent. U tell me what you are after and I get you a fish as close to your requirements as I can.

Fish will be packed in large triple bags, wrapped with paper. Pumped with medical grade O2 good enough to transport it half way around the globe! The will be delivered in insulated foam boxes. There are 2 ways we can send fish to you.

One, is via Fastway couriers. Fish will be shipped overnight express to your door. $25 for a box to Melb/Brisbane

Two, is via Australian Air Express. This will be flown to your nearest airport for pick up from Australian Air Express. This generally takes 3-4hours to arrive once we drop the fish off at AAE. The cost of AAE is $55 for a box.

Any questions, please feel free to email me at: tanyongkoon@hotmail.com

kev

kalebjarrod
Mon Jun 14, 2004, 09:30 AM
so in other words proteus knows alot about computers but what does he know about discus?

ha ha ha ha

will that get me kicked out?

i am sending you a email

thanks again

kevkoi
Mon Jun 14, 2004, 10:12 AM
:lol: Proteus has an Ocean Green discus (from SLS) that he's grooming for the end of the year discus show.

If he wins, u're going to have to eat your words.... no, eat your pants! :lol:

Hey this Proteus guy is multi-talented ok! He not only is good with his computers, he's enthusiastic with his discus... and after all that, he can manage a donut franchise as well!!! :lol: :lol: :twisted:

Proteus... U ROCKS mate! U ROCKS.... (Hmmm, or is that U DONUTS?! :P )

flukes
Mon Jun 14, 2004, 10:31 AM
Heard great things about Rod Lewis aswell, not sure where abouts he is in the sunshine state but i have heard good things.
Then again you cant go wrong with Kev.

kevkoi
Mon Jun 14, 2004, 10:36 AM
Rod Lewis, Wetpetz in Brisbane.....

Guess who's supplying Discus to wetpetz?

.... no prizes.

flukes
Mon Jun 14, 2004, 10:39 AM
Well he told me he had his own QT room and could import himself, no saying your a lyer just bit confused.

kevkoi
Mon Jun 14, 2004, 10:45 AM
He uses Fishcraft quarantine room.

Let's just say they will get fish from where ever has the best deals. ;)

Proteus
Mon Jun 14, 2004, 11:22 AM
HEY!!! :shock:

is someone trying to have some fun at my expense???

not a wise move, many a person has found themselves buried alive trying that method of approach... :wink: (just kidding)

I am the one who set this forum up in conjunction with Pyrowolf who is the techno genious, we also have a bunch more aquatic websites, with heaps more to come, including what should be the most heavily used aquatic related site online www.aquaclassifieds.com & www.aquaclassifieds.com.au which will be in full swing very soon... (VERY soon).

All our sites are part of the AquaDot Network ( www.aquadotnetwork.com ).

oh, I also have a few Discus... :wink: (26 last count)...

Hope that answers some questions, and if you want quality Discus, give Kev a call, trust me on this. :wink:

Oh Kev... Krispy Kreme is coming to a location right near you buddy... so expect some visits... (maybe you should warn George)

:lol:

kevkoi
Mon Jun 14, 2004, 11:44 AM
Ro, can u please open a Krispy Kreme right opposite SLS... I need somewhere to go for my coffee breaks. I'm pretty bored of the corner store already.... :lol:

Proteus
Mon Jun 14, 2004, 12:39 PM
and Mascot isnt close enough...

geesh dude, you are going to make life hard for me arent you...

maybe the art of express delivery might have to come into its own...

:wink:

Chris McMahon
Mon Jun 14, 2004, 02:12 PM
Heard great things about Rod Lewis aswell, not sure where abouts he is in the sunshine state.I just bought 6 high fin Blue Diamonds of Rod last week. Got the guided tour of the "shed".

Rod's got some pretty big discus in his breeding room. Largest discus I've seen anywhere. Both times I've been there he could make the pairs spawn on command. Either they are constantly at "it" or the site of me staring at them puts them in the mood. :D

He's in Brisbane. About 85KM north of the Gold Coast.

kalebjarrod
Tue Jun 15, 2004, 07:32 AM
ahhhh, so we can bagg the invetor and get away with it!

be careful cause i have a wit about as sharp as the eastern seaborad (hang on is that sharp?)

anyway both kev from SLS and Rod from wetpetz seem to both crutious and professional

and unfortunatley for them i have both of thier phone numbers now so thier in for a ear bashing

THANKS AGAIN GUYS FOR GOOD ADVICE AND SERVICE. THEY WENT FOR THE BEST SITUATIONS FOR ME AND NOT THEIR POCKETS

QUALITY SERVICE IS HARD TO FIND (EXCEPT HERE)

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU

Proteus
Tue Jun 15, 2004, 08:53 AM
you are welcome...

but the getting away with it part... :roll:

mmmmmmmmm....

at least you have a sense of humour... :wink:

kevkoi
Tue Jun 15, 2004, 10:38 AM
Nice talking to you today Ryan.... :)

kev

sunshinediscus
Wed Aug 18, 2004, 11:03 PM
Hi All,

A friend directed me to this thread and i thought i better clarify a few things as he thought it read i sold discus from SLS. While i am friendly with Goerge from SLS we are in no way doing any business deals together, it's true that wetpets has on occasion purchased discus for resale from George but my only connection to wetpets is as a sometimes salesperson and a supplier of discus to them as well. Any discus that i sell through my website are either bred by me or imported from my own sources overseas. The only connection to wetpets is one of the part owners is also part owner of the Q room that i lease my tank space from when i import.

Thanks

Rod Lewis

www.lewisdiscus.com

Proteus
Wed Aug 18, 2004, 11:24 PM
UG, I dont see where it could have been construed that you were associated with SLS...

anyway, that is just me...

we are glad to have you on board Rod, and from all the feedback I have recieved regarding your stock, it is all good... :wink:

sunshinediscus
Thu Aug 19, 2004, 09:09 AM
Thanks Proteus,

I never saw any probs with the posts either but someone said something to me about it and i thought maybe others had the wrong immpression as well.

Thanks for the welcome, i'm happy to put my 2 cents in whereever i think i can offer help.

kalebjarrod
Thu Aug 19, 2004, 11:38 AM
if your gonna drop two cents in drop them in my account.

then i can save up and come and get some nice reds from ya for my new room

ha ha ha