PDA

View Full Version : plants?

derekyeakel
Tue Dec 06, 2005, 02:48 AM
hey all i want to stock my tank with plants whats a good combination?

DarrenJThomas
Tue Dec 06, 2005, 06:29 AM
To help with your query i need some other information.

1. What are the dimensions of your tank
2. Are you using substrate fertiliser
3. What type of Lighting are you using

Amazon Sward is one of my favourites. Let me know the above details and i will be happy to help.

derekyeakel
Tue Dec 06, 2005, 10:17 PM
its a 65 gal 36" by 24" no fertilizer but i have a co2 system if that counts and i have a nutri grow plant bulb.

electric molecular
Wed Dec 21, 2005, 11:12 PM
Hey Derek,

If it's your first time caring for aqua plants and aquascaping, I'd go for something really hardy and which can easily be pruned back like Hygrophila or even Baby Tears. I find that some of the more decorative looking plants bite the dust pretty easy. I really like the look of healthy green plants, not scraggly sick looking ones. Hygro grows pretty quick and gives the discus lots of cover in my tank which they like to feel secure. Keep in mind when adding plants, that the success of plants growing in your tank can depend on factors such as the size of tank, light, water hardness, and gravel richness.

Claire.

duck
Thu Dec 22, 2005, 04:50 AM
What kind of CO2,Is it DIY,Pressurized?,How do you get it the tank ie:diffuser,external reactor?.
IMO you need more light i would 2 more atleast,You need to fertilize or buy some substrate fert's