PDA

View Full Version : new 8x2x2 tanks

tanks319
Thu Jun 10, 2004, 12:43 AM
Hi everyone

I just purchased a second hand 8x2x2 tank :D .I was wondering how other people would set it up with plants and fish.

I need suggestions i am to confused.

Thanks

Annie
Thu Jun 10, 2004, 03:44 AM
What is that a 200 gal?
I am not good with sizes..the one I do not have anyway. :wink:

If so, probably the same way I am going plant my 180 gal. "slowly" :D I am sure. LOL....although mine will not be totally set up till maybe next month.( Maybe) :roll:

But seriously it all depends on what kind of lighting you will have and the look or types of plants you want. The size may seem overwhelming at first, but after you get going on it..it will be a breeze! And fish, well I also asked this not too long ago and :shock: Proteus just laughed at me :shock: and said" Discus"...DOH :shock: ... for the fish to go in the tank..Now what was I thinking? LOL!

tanks319
Thu Jun 10, 2004, 04:12 AM
Hi

I dont know how many gal it is it has a 2x 3ft tanks under it.I have to sit down and figure it out.

The lighting has 2x duel globes lights.

I mean what colour discus would everyone put in.

Annie
Thu Jun 10, 2004, 04:37 AM
Oh, colors...what about Blues, Reds...there are so many.

flukes
Thu Jun 10, 2004, 12:15 PM
If its got 2x 3ft tanks under it id say it used to be run by a mini reef. Id get that going again..great filtration and only cost is a pump and some media.

Mattzilla
Thu Jun 10, 2004, 03:35 PM
8x2x2....wow...nice tank size.

what colour???? with a tank that size you can get a coiuple of every colour if you like. it's all up to your personal preferance.

i would go bare bottom but that's just my style. it would be a lot clean but if your tank has good enough filtration and you like planted tankd, go planted...once again it's up to your personal preferance.

the whole thing is really up to what you like. do yourself a favour and see kev at SLS when you buy your discus....great quality...great price. you won't ever look back

hth

matt