PDA

View Full Version : How do I highlight a Topic?

marg
Fri Nov 18, 2005, 11:00 AM
.Can someone please advice a not very Computer literate person how to highlight a new Topic ( by that I mean the Yellow Discus before the Question). :oops: :oops:

Would appreciate your advice guys.

Regards,

Marg.

DR.V
Sat Nov 19, 2005, 12:46 PM
That discus icon is set by your cookies.

So if you have not open that section it will remain highlighted.

If you have, then it wont highlight again until someone made a new post in that section that you havent see.

Does that answer your question ?

HTH

marg
Sat Nov 19, 2005, 02:53 PM
As I said, I'm a learner when it comes to the Computer.

When I want to start a new topic (Like "Why am I so dumb when it comes to computers :roll: :roll: "), and I want to make the little Discus go yellow, what do I do?. I don't understand much about cookies - as I said, Big L for Learner :lol: :lol: !!

kalebjarrod
Sat Nov 19, 2005, 09:08 PM
Margot,

the little discus will automaticlly go yellow when someone else makes a new post on that thread that you have not entered to read or to post in

the little discus wll also be yellow if you have never entered that thread

its a simple way the boys have constructed the site so it can tell us where the new posts are in the different areas

marg
Sun Nov 20, 2005, 10:38 AM
Thanks a lot Kalebjarrod. Now I understand. :D :D .

kalebjarrod
Mon Nov 21, 2005, 07:19 AM
glad to help :wink:

DR.V
Mon Nov 21, 2005, 10:14 AM
Yeah Margot, so if you have seen the latest or all post in that section the discus icon will go off.

But after you read all of thread, and someone else, post something in the section after you read them , it will go on again.

HTH

marg
Tue Nov 22, 2005, 02:55 AM
Thanks guys.