PDA

View Full Version : Australian Plant Forum

goldenpigeon
Fri Nov 18, 2005, 01:36 AM
Hey guys,

I am just curious to see if anyone would like an Australian Plant forum to be created? I personally think this would be a good idea to have and some things that could be included in this forum could be:-

- a list of plants that are kept and available in Australia
- include plant stats about each plant on the list
- forums for general discussion
- forums that include aspects of the planted tank such as lighting, co2, substrate, fertalizers and algae etc
- a forum for discussion about fish that go well/ bad with particular plants
- photo album to share eachothers planted tanks etc

Thats most of what i could come up with so far but if anyone has any suggestons could you please post?

Proteus if we get enough people wanting a planted forum would it be possible for you to look into making one for us? :D

cheers guys
please reply!

Junior

goldenpigeon
Fri Nov 18, 2005, 06:21 AM
does anyone have any ideas about how they would like the forum to be or anything like that?

comments would help peeps :D

anti-generic
Fri Nov 18, 2005, 07:41 AM
Yes Yes Yes
aquascapin is the BOMB!!

duck
Fri Nov 18, 2005, 08:41 AM
Why couldn't it be incorpated with this forum.
Like everything under the Photo album be in one forum then you could add a couple of plant forums.

Mulisha
Fri Nov 18, 2005, 08:53 AM
yeah this sounds like a good idea :D

goldenpigeon
Fri Nov 18, 2005, 08:54 AM
yeh that could work. but also for those people of AFF and the betta forum etc they wont really have a plant forum unless it is seperate. if we have an auzzi plant forum by aquadot network then all forums incorperate into one. also for people only interested in plants in australia have a good forum too. i can definetly see what you are saying duck but i think it could work better if there is a seperate forum. then we have many many people who know more about plants than just those of the DF. i think on DF there are only a few people who know what they are talking about when it comes to plants.

its kinda like discus. one oppinion is good but 100 is better. if you know what i mean.

anyways i guess it is up to what everyone wants.

DR.V
Fri Nov 18, 2005, 10:12 AM
That would be a great idea ....

Have a section for beginners to create an aquascaping ...

Hmm

goldenpigeon
Fri Nov 18, 2005, 11:20 AM
4 sure! thats a good idea DR.V!

duck
Fri Nov 18, 2005, 11:30 AM
If was on a separate forum i think you will struggle,If it was kept here to gauge if one would be worth while.
I have notice of late that a more and more people are getting into planted tank's and it's growing at a steady pace but not fast enough i believe for separate forum.
I would like to have a separate forum for it aswell but you need the people to keep it going.

goldenpigeon
Fri Nov 18, 2005, 11:33 AM
thats true duck. good point ;)

hmmmmmm...... mayb if we had proteus make it known on all the aquadot forums it might get a good kick off. ofcourse it will be slowwer in the beginning... i dunno. maybe i could start up a poll to see how many people are interested in planted tanks or have them. i might do that i think.

marg
Fri Nov 18, 2005, 11:35 AM
Hi David.

I agree with Duck - I'd like to see it incorporated in our Forum.

Planted tanks are really beautiful.

OscarManAlpha
Fri Nov 18, 2005, 05:56 PM
Well I think the ideas great, could we not incorperate it into this site but somehow have links on the other sites to this one.

That way more members will join this site and although they may not have any Discus they will definetaly,

1) Join the site increasing the membership.
2) Soon become interested in keeping Discus.
3) Hopefully vote in order to improve the already fantastic rank this site holds.
4) They hopefully would get interested in the Discus side of the hobby.

marg
Sat Nov 19, 2005, 03:14 AM
Great idea Oscarmanalpha :wave2 - that wouls push us up in the ratings, wouldn't it!!

Marg.

OscarManAlpha
Sat Nov 19, 2005, 02:39 PM
Just remembered I became aware of this forum when Proteus moved the planted tank community project on to the Discus forum.

Now I visit both almost daily.