PDA

View Full Version : Red Tiger Lotus

merman
Mon Nov 14, 2005, 11:56 PM
Mine has just started to take off and one of the lily pads has hit the topof the water mark, should I cut it or leave it?

DarrenJThomas
Tue Nov 15, 2005, 10:58 AM
Hi

I just left mine and it wasnt long before many other leaves join it. Keep up the iron or the leaves will turn green.

Mine flowered the other day (Picture in My Photos) and has set off 2 runners. How much did you pay for the plant, was it from the LFS.

I think if you cut the leaf it will produce other shorter leaves. Not 100% sure but this is what happens to other plants in the garden. Rather than a tall plant you get a short stumpy plant.

Benny
Tue Nov 15, 2005, 11:09 AM
i read on plant geeks to trim it...

Check it for urself

Sime76
Wed Nov 16, 2005, 12:10 AM
I know with green Tigers. If you leave the floaters it should eventually flower but the leaves under the water will thin out. If you cut the floaters, the opposite will be true.

jim
Wed Nov 16, 2005, 12:24 AM
I had mine growing to the top, but they block the light for other plants. Therefore I cut off the tall ones, and they don't grow tall since.

So it's totally up to you. If you don't mind they block the light, then leave it. If you like them to ramind in the water, then trim them.

merman
Wed Nov 16, 2005, 10:26 PM
okay thanks guys may cut it see what happens

DarrenJThomas
Thu Nov 24, 2005, 09:24 PM
Did you cut your tiger lotus.

Mine has heaps of leaves at the surface and thinking of cutting it. It has also sent out 4 new plant and is going to flower again.

If you did cut what was the outcome?

Mulisha
Thu Nov 24, 2005, 10:01 PM
If you do cut make sure you don't cut all them off just cut a couple off at a time and wait for some more to grw back.. and when you do cut them makes the plant have shorter more stronger stems and they look alot more red i always cut mine..

HTH

DarrenJThomas
Thu Nov 24, 2005, 10:53 PM
Thanks

You have just confirmed my thought. I will cut some and leave some.

Mulisha
Fri Nov 25, 2005, 03:32 AM
Hey could you post a picture of your Red Tiger Lotus :D :?:

Thanks