PDA

View Full Version : White spot and split on fin

axl
Sun Nov 13, 2005, 10:11 PM
Hey,
i noticed a white spot on my fish fin a couple of days ago and haveing been watching it and i reckon its gettting bigger. I want to no what is it and if it is disease or not if so what do i treat with. This is the best pic i could get at the momment and it looks like there is a split in the fin of the fish where the white spot is. the spot is located at the end of the split in the fin

DarrenJThomas
Mon Nov 14, 2005, 02:32 AM
I would say that it looks more like a bacteria ball, being on one fin only. Any chance of another pic

axl
Mon Nov 14, 2005, 03:27 AM
will try and get another pic, if it is that how do ya treat it and is it a concern

DarrenJThomas
Mon Nov 14, 2005, 06:13 AM
I know that it isnt a huge concern and will go away with medication.

Ladyred would be the best person to advise the medication. I would guess that salt would be the first trick, and then maybe an over the counter anti bacterial treatment like Wardleys Broad Spectrum.

Merrilyn
Mon Nov 14, 2005, 08:44 AM
Hello axl. I've replied to your pm. Darren is right on. Nothing needs to be done at this stage. If you begin to see redness around the cyst, then it's time to treat with salt, and later an antibiotic. Most of these types of cysts just resolve themselves without any medication.

Keep us posted.