PDA

View Full Version : Sad Discus

DiscusMad
Thu Jun 03, 2004, 04:54 PM
Two of my discus have been sad fins down hiding away now they are turning dark one of them is just hanning near the surface of the water in a corner and not eating.There has not been any bulling either.

I have given some flagyl yesterday morning and it seems a tiny bit of movement in the hospital tank i started on the first day with salt treatment and yesterday I started with the flagyl treatment day one.

They don't have white poo or bloat so I'm going to try what i can the water is perfect. I even added a small amount of peat into the filter to see if that will help.

the other discus i had bought from SLS and they are fine. could the two sick ones be just from bad stock?

If any body have any idears?

flukes
Fri Jun 04, 2004, 08:45 AM
Did you quarintene the fish?? Normally when you mix fish from 2 different sources you get problems, reson being is that the fish you got from SLS might have something that they are amuned to but the others arnt. Not saying SLS has contaminated fish in fact they must be strong to not be affected.

This is just one theory and it might not be the right answer,

Fri Jun 04, 2004, 12:07 PM
I have given some flagyl yesterday morning and it seems a tiny bit of movement in the hospital tank i started on the first day with salt treatment and yesterday I started with the flagyl treatment day one.

today when i went home this morning they seem a bit better and this afternoon the sicker one came right up to the front but its still not eating. Going to keep with the treatmentgave the second day dose this morning

DiscusMad
Fri Jun 04, 2004, 12:08 PM
sorry forgot to log in lol

DiscusMad
Wed Jun 09, 2004, 04:58 PM
well they are still alive and i can't think of anything else to do they have now a white stripe down there lower lip to the pelvic fins and they seem quite weak any last minuit advice on how i can save these guys?

comparied to the discus I bought from SLS they were pritty poor quality but i liked my runt of a little snakeskin :(

Annie
Wed Jun 16, 2004, 06:13 AM
DiscusMad, so how are they doing now? Any better?
Are you still treating with flagyl?

DiscusMad
Wed Jun 16, 2004, 12:11 PM
snake sking died but the bigger looks to be getting better when i started the white spot treatment lol and it didn't have any white spot go figure.

flukes
Wed Jun 16, 2004, 01:03 PM
Wooo you got the same thing as my discus!! Its called a drug habbit! I get mine lining up for a fix of multicure.
Just joking but does sound like my first 3 fish who had a barrache of meds and i could have put anything in the tank and they would have improved.

Annie
Thu Jun 17, 2004, 06:17 AM
Discus Mad,

Iam sorry to hear that you lost the one. But on the other hand, it is great that you have improvement with the other..Just remember...Pristine water quality! :wink:

DiscusMad
Thu Jun 17, 2004, 12:35 PM
.Just remember...Pristine water quality! :wink:

As always! the one still alive looking good just have to fatten it up :o