PDA

View Full Version : hex or worms? please check picture

jluna
Mon May 31, 2004, 09:35 PM
hi folks -

my little pearl pigeon stopped eating 2 days ago, and had a bit of traily white poo - this morning it's a lot worse, though she is otherwise in good condition - fins up, full colour etc. but she is also thin around the eyes. do you think this is hex, or worms? or something else?i've dosed with a vitamin mix, but have not started any other treatments as yet. the pictures aren't great, cos she was at the back of the tank, so no closeups, i'm afraid!

thanks for your help,

justin

jluna
Mon May 31, 2004, 09:39 PM
second pic

chrissyoscar
Mon May 31, 2004, 10:46 PM
Looks like tape worm to me.
Get some Aqua Master fluke and tapeworm tablets and treat your discus.

From what I've read tape worms wont kill your fish and most times you don't even know your discus have them. But they do weaken there immune system so the fish are weaker and susceptible to other nasties.

Good luck.. Oscar

aaawe
Sat Jun 26, 2004, 05:13 PM
Dear justin,

I think that is not a worm. You need to treat your discus with internal parasite medicine. You can find easily from pet shop either in power or liquid. Hopefully your discus will be well soon.

regards,

aaawe

DiscusMad
Sat Jun 26, 2004, 06:31 PM
why not treat them for both it wouldn't hurt

dreamer
Sun Jun 27, 2004, 11:27 AM
it looks like hex, get some metro/flagyl ready. some recommend 500mg/10gl and dose every 8hours for maximum effect and change water before re-dose. raise temp to 32c slowly. do this over 3days and keep the temp up for about a week.

dont ever treat fish with 2 different treatments at the same time, as you will stress the fish too much.

kevkoi
Sun Jun 27, 2004, 11:05 PM
I think the fish has been fixed already.... ;)