PDA

View Full Version : Kois in Victoria ?

KoiBoy
Mon Oct 17, 2005, 02:14 AM
Hey guys anyone know where I can get good quality koi angels in Vic ? OR anyone that can import good quality ones. Thanks Guys :D

Proteus
Mon Oct 17, 2005, 08:52 AM
I may be wrong, but I was under the impression that Koi were a banned species in Victoria???

KoiBoy
Mon Oct 17, 2005, 10:21 AM
they are banned? Are you sure because I've seen some for sale but very bad quality ones. I would like to hear more. Where did you hear this from mateY ?

Proteus
Mon Oct 17, 2005, 10:23 AM
That doesnt mean you wont find them down there, just I have read or heard in the past that they cant be imported into Victoria as they have been classified as a noxious species.

Someone else from Victoria should be able to clarify this

Proteus
Mon Oct 17, 2005, 10:25 AM
Having just done a Google search on Koi in Victoria, this should provide more insight...

Since then carp have become the dominant species in many waters and are a declared noxious species in Victoria. It is illegal to return live carp to any waters in Victoria and any carp caught must be destroyed. It is also illegal to hold live carp in Victoria, including koi carp, which are kept by some people as ornamental fish.

KoiBoy
Mon Oct 17, 2005, 10:43 AM
so doe that include all type of kois ? Thanks for the informaion anyway proteus. Much appreiciated

KoiBoy
Mon Oct 17, 2005, 10:45 AM
carps? I'm after angel kois not carps. Are all kois banned ?

Benny
Mon Oct 17, 2005, 10:53 AM
what proteus found was related to the carp koi, not angel koi's

Proteus
Mon Oct 17, 2005, 11:22 AM
Angelfish are allowed. (the reference to Koi is only relating to the colour & pattern)

All Koi (carp species) are classed as noxious in Victoria.

I missed the angel part in the original message