PDA

View Full Version : Geoliquid

Tryhard
Wed May 26, 2004, 02:07 AM
Has anyone used that Geoliquid and is it any good - it reads well on the side of the packet - new wonder water conditioner etc etc :roll: so if any one knows anything about it could you post a reply please. :D

Proteus
Wed May 26, 2004, 03:00 AM
I was offerred some 2 weeks ago to test and I knocked back the offer.

might have to reverse my decision and test it out...

I have heard a lot of good things on other forums, but nothing in person.

kevkoi
Wed May 26, 2004, 09:23 AM
Just don't try it out on the nice discus ok? :wink:

Proteus
Wed May 26, 2004, 09:40 AM
ok, now that makes me worry...

grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

:P

Mattzilla
Wed May 26, 2004, 02:55 PM
i have used it before and saw no positive or negative effects. so i stoped using it.

i know some people that swear by it and other that swear it's the biggest waste of money going around.

it's up to you. i think a ro unit would be money better spent. does the same thing and is lower in cost and more effective in the long run.

jmo
matt

vishy
Fri Jun 25, 2004, 01:54 PM
Hi,
Sorry to bring this post up but im new and i've been using this stuff a bit. IMO all it does is set the ph,Kh gh......... obviously if your water parametres are ou of wak then u use geoliquid of course your fish are gonna get better colours because they will be less stressed and happier. But if you have perfect water conditions then theres no point using it. Just my 2 cents worth. P.S. im 14
vishy

flukes
Fri Jun 25, 2004, 02:44 PM
Vishy,
I havent tried this yet as i only added it too my tank which has a low ph of about 6, ill try adding some too some store tap water where mine sits at 7.0

Results too follow..

nicholas76
Sun Aug 22, 2004, 02:51 AM
it is the biggest load of **** :evil:

they cannot explain how the product works at all.

The LFS has no idea and there web site isnt in english

its another magic potion

gsaqua
Sun Aug 22, 2004, 08:35 PM
I have received a PM asking me to post my view on this topic, personally I have been using GEO Liquid for more than 7 years now and I think it is one of the greatest products ever introduced to the aquarium hobby.
About 3 years ago Geo released the new more concentrated formula, since then we have sold it to 100’s of customers and they all come back with nothing but praise for the product, such as better water clarity, reduced fish loses and better plant growth just to mention a few, I have NEVER had one complaint about GEO.
There are a couple of things we tell new customers when they start using GEO, firstly don’t use GEO when medicating as it will remove meds, secondly GEO will remove chlorine but it takes about 30 minutes so if your adding water directly to the tank use a neutralizer first then the GEO.
And finally GEO DOES NOT do away with the need to do water changes.
Here is a brief description from GEO Flex on what GEO Liquid does.

GEO Liquid identifies every contaminant present, and responds with the best solution for each one.
The contaminant sensors seek out not only the full range of contaminants (Both chemical and physical.) in the aquarium, but accurately determine the exact level of each.
The different contaminant sensors then deal with each individual kind of contaminant detected. All this work is carried out on a microscopic scale using the laws of Physics, rather than the laws of chemistry. GEO Liquid dose not utilize any chemical reaction.
For example, in the case of large molecule colloidal contaminants, they are physically removed from solution by the GEO Liquid particles. The GEO Liquid particles use the Brownian movement of the water to float around in the water, and grab all the contaminants they come across. These contaminants are permanently locked onto the GEO Liquid particles electro-statically and can never escape.
Even when the contaminants are of a chemical nature, GEO Liquid dose not utilize any chemical reaction to remove them. Therefore, unlike other maker’s chemical based products, there is absolutely no risk of unpredictable side effects from miscalculating the dosage. There is also no risk of any toxic by-product being released through side reactions with other products that may be present in the water.
GEO Liquid re-creates a perfect natural balance in depleted, unbalanced aquarium water. It not only adds minerals and trace elements to the water, but also adjusts their levels either up or down, to achieve a perfect balance.
The various deficiency sensors in GEO Liquid have the ability to measure all the numerous minerals and nutrients dissolved in the water to see if they are deficient or in excess. The deficient sensors start adjusting all the water conditions towards pre-established ideal levels. Depleted minerals and trace elements are automatically replenished, and overabundant ones are automatically reduced.
GEO Liquid adjusts all water parameters to ideal levels, according to Liebig’s law. (Which states that living cells can only absorb essential nutrients in amounts relative to the least abundant nutrient. So no matter how much of a particular nutrient is present, if any of the others are depleted, it cannot be absorbed properly.)
GEO Liquid also increases dissolved oxygen and carbon dioxide levels, while at the same time adjusts and maintains ideal levels of all the essential minerals.

I hope this enlightens some of the sceptics.

George

nicholas76
Sun Aug 22, 2004, 09:27 PM
does it also state somewhere that itll stop hair loss improve your sex life?? ( LOL )

thats all that is missing from that promotional write up.

in other words do your normal water changing routine and you end up with the same result.

kevkoi
Mon Aug 23, 2004, 06:35 AM
Nick.... it actually sort of does. ;) One of the main (Secret) active ingredients I believe is bentonite clay (Montmorillonite). This technology to use on fish I believe started with koi..... There are numerous koi pond 'suplements' these days and one product which I have tried and used in the past was "Kusuri Klay" http://www.koicarp.net/water_treatment/montmorillonite_clays/kusuri_klay.html

If you do a bit of digging around about bentonite clay u will see its many many uses and claims.... (including food supplements for ppl!)
http://www.shirleys-wellness-cafe.com/clay.htm

Geo liquid may be a very highly purified and refined mix of bentonite clay and a few other "ingredients" and it's benefits will be hard to prove either way. What can be sure is that it is a great flocculant and it does clear suspended particles from the water column for that crystal clear effect.

I have in the past gone from using kusuri klay to adding unscented cat-litter to my pond... with similar results of water clarity. (I'm not suggesting ppl start putting cat-litter into their discus tanks! Cat litter is a very low grade unrefined bentonite clay...).

Either way, what I believe is the active ingredient (bentonite clay), has had many many many proponents in various different fields/usages and this is just another.

Proteus
Mon Aug 23, 2004, 08:10 AM
Nick... whilst I know, well I think so anyway your comment is in good humour, some respect should be afforded to George.

I dont say that because he is a sponsor, far from it, more from the point that someone WHO HAS USED THE PRODUCT is prepared to give some feedback regardless of whether we believe it or not.

I have been offered free samples of this product previously, and so far have declined the offer, why, becasue I actually hesitated and thought of all the BS and egostisical commentary online by a few who say it is a farce, but come to think of it, I am sure these folk are the ones who have never tried it before.

Like many, many people criticise the Eco-Aqualizer, I tried it, and found that it does improve conditions, maybe not to the same level that the manufacturers state, but it does work.

Before being so critical of something I feel it should be tried first... now to maybe see if that sample is still on offer... :wink: (doubt it, but hey, worth a try)

flukes
Mon Aug 23, 2004, 02:53 PM
I have used Geo-liquid several times, the main thing i found as Kev stated was the was clarity, it does sparkle. The other thing i did find was i used it on a tank that had a ph droppng very quickly in a matter of days (after a water change) the ph would still drop but not as fast, although there was no difference too my kh i did notice some more buffering power.
Other than that that was all i could find. If the price of the product was a bit creaper i would be more than happy too use it on a regular basis but when you have a few tanks, you end up using about a bottle a week.

I cant really say it did work as i dont know how too test for some of the stuff it claims too do but i do know it worked for the things i could see or test for.

nicholas76
Wed Aug 25, 2004, 11:09 AM
Proteus,

Of course my comments were in good humour. No derogatory comments were made to George. ( or non intended if it was read like that )

My statement I felt was obvious. The product simply states that it works wonders. Yet the web site and product description makes no mention of these "bentonite" and other clay like supplements kev mention. ( thanks Kev ) :!:

I have purchased this product and USED IT countless times and have truly given it a go and as such I feel my comments are valid :!:

It's clear that I havent simply havent benefited from this product like others have.

In my opinion, I'd rather keep the dollars in the bank , and stick to a healthy water change schedule :wink: .

Proteus
Wed Aug 25, 2004, 02:25 PM
NP...

at least you have tried it...

:wink: