PDA

View Full Version : pale discus

jluna
Sat May 22, 2004, 10:14 PM
hi guys - this morning for the first 45 minutes of the day my leopard snakeskin looked more like a white swan with red dots!! he was totally washed out, the prominent first bar over the eye was just visible, no other bars visible at all (he's only 4 months old or so) and he skulked at the back of the tank resting on the bottom, ignoring the first two feeds of the day - nothing changed in the tank, the rest of the gang are cool, and thankfully he now appears to have resumed most of his colour and is swimming happily, but still not eating. any thoughts on a fish paling right out? i know dark is a bad sign, but i'd never heard of them washing out.

thanks,

justin

flukes
Sun May 23, 2004, 10:41 AM
Mine normally go pale when there are traces of ammonia, its probably too late too test now but that might have been the case.

DiscusMad
Wed May 26, 2004, 01:33 PM
I'm having the same prob with one of mine I thought it was the water but everthing cheacks out ok he is the only one sulking even his fins are down when he doese come out.

I have put it down to a poor fish because it doese this from time to time for a bout 1-2 weeks and then its swiming with the others.

never buying discus at the local LFS any more the first one is an on and off again sulker and the other is a snake skin which i was told was just a baby but after 6 months and almost nil growth i think it was a small runt (but it still looks cool)

kevkoi
Wed May 26, 2004, 01:58 PM
Be carefull there..... U don't want to be stepping on anyone's toes, especially with negative comments. :wink:

DiscusMad
Wed May 26, 2004, 02:44 PM
Well the ones I got from SLS are great not a problem with them!

OH see ya friday kev!

Proteus
Wed May 26, 2004, 10:37 PM
FYI, I removed the suburb from the post as there are only a couple of options in the mentioned suburb...

best keep peeps happy.

If anybody wants more details you are fine to say what you want in private via PM or email...

:wink: