PDA

View Full Version : what do you think

Mattzilla
Thu May 20, 2004, 01:28 PM
what do you guys think or angel discus?

personally i don't like them, but some people think they are a nice change. just though i'd spark a conversation about them. kevkoi, and other sellers, have you had any interest from buyers in australia?

tell us what you think.

cheers
matt

Mattzilla
Thu May 20, 2004, 01:33 PM
another picture

kevkoi
Thu May 20, 2004, 01:37 PM
Personally, I don't like them. I like high-fin discus but this is just way too much for me. Personally I don't see them becoming mainstream. If we had a tank of these fish at SLS, my prediction is that they will go very slowly if at all.... (I may be completel wrong.)

BUT, if someone out there fancies them, I can bring them in on special order. :lol:

Proteus
Thu May 20, 2004, 03:32 PM
I think in a display tank maybe... the ones in the first pic are quite nice, but I wouldnt want them for any other reason than to have something different.

I certainly wouldnt want to breed them or anything.

each to there own I guess...

Hawque
Fri May 21, 2004, 05:35 AM
The ones in the first picutre are gorgeous, but don't much like the silver/blue ones... :?

Kevkoi.... Don' think that I could afford any specialty items no matter how nice they look... :lol:

jluna
Sat May 22, 2004, 10:02 PM
i think they are gorgeous, and would happily have a tank full of them instead of the classic shaped ones. ah, for another 6 ft tank!!!
justin

Mattzilla
Sat May 22, 2004, 10:43 PM
well there you go.....

some people actually like them...why i don't know....

kevkoi, you may have to purchase some if there are a few buyers....

kevkoi
Sat May 22, 2004, 11:04 PM
:shock: :oops: *shudders....

Guess u may be right... They aren't the most expensive of fish but only limited in supply. Limited because only a few breeders breed them and the demand internationally for these are limited.

kev

United21Soccer
Sat May 22, 2004, 11:12 PM
It is really a personal preference... I like them, but that doesn't mean everyone does. I hear they are harder to take care of, and because of their longer fins are more susceptable to bacterial infections, being split, etc etc. They also cant swim as fast, and therefore should be watched out for & make sure tankmates arent trying to beat them up.

Maybe if they are more prominent in the US then i might try some.

flukes
Sun May 23, 2004, 10:42 AM
Kev,
I wouldnt mind seeing some pics of the strains that are available to you from your breeders.

nicholas76
Tue May 25, 2004, 09:00 AM
Hmm im still not decided on these.

One thing for sure is that certains strains look great with the long fins , but some others are a complete shocker.

I wonder how these fish cope, do they swim normally or do they wobble about like some gold fish.

Im up for anything new lets see how they develop.

NIck :)

danDman
Wed May 26, 2004, 02:00 PM
I wouldn't kick 'em out of bed for eating crackers.lol I would like to use them to out cross to a high body discus.
They're very pricey right now. I'll wait till their prices go down.

Dan

Mattzilla
Wed May 26, 2004, 02:43 PM
i can't believe that so many people like them!!!! they are really ugly as far as i'm concerned. most other forums where they have been discussed, people have completely bagged them. i guess this is a very open minded forum. which i guess is a good thing. each to their own i guess....lol

matt

danDman
Wed May 26, 2004, 04:24 PM
That's what most people says when Pigeon Blood or when anything new first comes out. Gotta keep an open mind otherwise you'll get left behind. This goes for a lot of things say for example music. I always look at the possibilities of any new discus coming into the market. I see it as an outcross to improve my current breeding. JMO

Dan

Proteus
Wed May 26, 2004, 10:22 PM
Why bag something, when all that leads to is alienating people... as can be clearly seen on many other forums.

There will be fans of everything, and at the same time, those that disagree. Of the 2 photos posted, I could easily have a few of the first ones in a tank, as for the second... No thank you... I dont like the look of them.

If I were to have some of these guys, they would primarily be as a display item, nothing less, nothing more.

As has been said, each to there own... we cant go forward if we are always going backwards or getting stuck worrying about the little things.

flukes
Thu May 27, 2004, 12:16 PM
I think the second one might just be the strain as a solid wouldnt have the type of patterning on the dorsal fins as say a snakeskin. Also different breeders different results. I wouldnt mind that pair in the first photo, ill give anything a bit different a go.