PDA

View Full Version : FS: Red Devil Fry

nicholas76
Thu May 20, 2004, 07:37 AM
I have an abundant supply of red devil fry which i need to find homes for.
Young and healthy fish that have attitude! Parents are a lovely red and have excellent temperment for devils ( only angry all the time )

Melbourne based come and pick up as many as you want $1.00 per fish

Nick

ps ( need the tank room for some Discus )

nick

Proteus
Thu May 20, 2004, 03:35 PM
Parents are a lovely red and have excellent temperment for devils ( only angry all the time )

RFLMAO

Thanks, that was my laugh for the day

seems like a good deal folks... not the ideal Discus tank mate though... :wink: lol

DQ
Mon May 24, 2004, 02:24 AM
Hi Nick,

A couple of questions:

1. Where in Melbourne do you live
2. What colours will the fish be and will they suffer from 'peppering'
3. How hard are fry to raise?
4. What would you expect the survival rate to be. (IE: If I wanted about half a dozen to survive how many do you think I would need to buy)

Cheers,

Charles

United21Soccer
Mon May 24, 2004, 09:08 PM
I love red devils too! (i loke discus more though) To bad i live far from you.
I used to keep chilids, mine wen't that bad...only flaring at me all the time! I have never heard of a chilid suffering from peppering. DQ, maybe look up a google search on the little suckers, find some neat things on them!

DQ
Mon May 24, 2004, 10:18 PM
Doh - I thought Red Devil was a new strain of Discus that I had not heard of, and thought at $1.00 per fry it was worth a quick posting...

I did however do a google search and found out quite quickly that I was quite wrong!

:)

You learn somthing everyday.. (usually about 15 things in fact)

nicholas76
Tue May 25, 2004, 09:51 AM
Hi Nick,

A couple of questions:

1. Where in Melbourne do you live
2. What colours will the fish be and will they suffer from 'peppering'
3. How hard are fry to raise?
4. What would you expect the survival rate to be. (IE: If I wanted about half a dozen to survive how many do you think I would need to buy)

Cheers,

Charles

1.I live in inner south east heard of Prahran.
2. Mum is red and dad gets red when in breading mode, he changes , tends to go pale in the body when aggressive.
3. The fry are Bullet Proof, seriously.
4. 100% survival rate I havent had any deaths, and this is the first time i have bread red devils.

They are strong and are not frightened by anything. When anyone appraoches the tank they all come forward thinking its food. At this size they are a schooling size fish so the more the better , the less stress they may suffer from.

Cheers

Nick

nicholas76
Tue May 25, 2004, 09:53 AM
hehehe no peppering with these fish.

hehe if they were discus id up the price by about 20 buks lol

Regards'

Nick