PDA

View Full Version : Knife Fish

BlackGhost
Mon Sep 19, 2005, 11:21 AM
Does any one here keep or like or even think about keeping any kind of knife fish?
I love these fish and i was just wondering if any one else had themor did have them once upon a time? :?:

marg
Mon Sep 19, 2005, 04:04 PM
I have one in my Community tank together with some Discus. He is in love with my Clown Loach.

Scroll down the Subjects until you come to "Best Buddies".

wyldchyld01
Wed Sep 21, 2005, 10:05 AM
as strange as it sounds a close friend of mine had bkg and they bred, magnificent fish. personality plus, likes slightly acidic water, best around temp 24/5.

i've always tried to keep the knife group, brown knife and black but just don't seem to be able to do so (can breed discus yeah sure, just not keep these alive, don't ask), i am very envious of people with biotope aquaria with this fish in it and the fry look fantastic, just don't expect many people to know anything about raising them if you get a pair. actually reasonably easy to tell if you know what your looking for. just can't keep em alive sigh

Brenton

Cliffeh
Thu Nov 10, 2005, 01:23 PM
I've got a black ghost with my discus, fascinating fish to watch and had no problems at all.

spock
Wed Dec 14, 2005, 06:18 AM
Hi

I have BKG with 5 Discus in aplanted three foot tank.

No problems, even with the high temp

They seem to be god vacume cleaners and help keep the tank clean

If I ever want to bread the Discus I will move the BKG as they love fry and eggs

Since I have had teh BKG my BN never have any babies, of course I am not sure that thet have bred.

I think the BKG eats the young

goldenpigeon
Wed Dec 14, 2005, 09:05 AM
i have kept many black ghosts but always sell them when they start eating my tetras, usually around 20+ cm. i am going to get a groups soon for a species tank.