PDA

View Full Version : SLS GOING WILD! How's the interest in wildcaught discus?

kevkoi
Sun May 16, 2004, 01:42 PM
I am currently contemplating doing a shipment of wildcaught Discus and Orinoco Altum angels out of Brazil. I have the contacts and means of doing this shipment of wild caughts but was just wondering if Australia is ready for some of these fish?

On my Brazilian list, there are:
1)Heckel "Blue face"
2)"Curipera" reds (These are the TRUE Red Alenquers)
3) Red spotted green
4) Orinoco Altum angels
..... plus a number of other goodies. I will update it soon when I receive the full pricelist in the next few days.

These fish will be wildcaught specimens. Indicative prices can be suggested but not confirmed until the quarantine period is over. A lot depends on the catcher and supplier in Brazil, how well they pack the fish and how well they transport the fish. We have had poor lots of fish come thru, but this new supplier came very highly recommended, so we are hoping for low mortality rates and thus better prices.

kev

luvfishies
Sun May 16, 2004, 01:44 PM
OMG Kev, any chance of some Altums being dropped off in Canada en route? ;) God I love Altums.

The discus list looks nice as well. Can this supplier get you any fancy plecs? Might as well go whole hog if shipping halfway around the world!

kevkoi
Sun May 16, 2004, 02:00 PM
Plecos are plentiful on the list, but u can't bring in any of them into Australia! :oops: :cry:

U can just look at all those L numbers and CRY!

kev

DiscusMad
Sun May 16, 2004, 02:22 PM
Maybe if the demestic authority lets me have more tanks :shock:

Proteus
Sun May 16, 2004, 10:32 PM
Kev, maybe shoot Luv the details of the supplier,

Skwij, maybe check some of your local importers/dealers if they deal with the same supplier, and if timed correctly could try and get a transaction done together to maximise potential discounts...

Kev, with enough planning I could arrange to have my 220g tank set up and have a full blown Wild planted set up (would mean moving to a new home - but well worth it)...

Awesum!!!

psoul
Sat May 29, 2004, 01:16 PM
I would be very very very interested in Atlum Angels..

Pls pls pls bring import them in...

flukes
Sun May 30, 2004, 04:36 AM
Iam intrested in the Curipera reds and maye a heckle or two.