PDA

View Full Version : Tapeworms, YUK.

chrissyoscar
Wed May 12, 2004, 11:53 PM
:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
I saw a worm in my tank the other day so I suspected it might be a tapeworm and as my Pidgeon blood has always been skinny I thought he must be the carrier.
I got some Aqua Master fluke and tapeworm tablets from the local aquarium shop and treated the tank as directed.
I was shocked the next morning to see it was my Red Turquoise that was infected and not the Pidgeon blood.
This is a photo I took with the worms still hanging from her.
I took heaps of shots but most were out of focus.

Oscar

jluna
Thu May 13, 2004, 02:31 AM
eeeeeeeooooooowwww!!

enough said.

justin

kevkoi
Thu May 13, 2004, 09:49 AM
yup.. that's 'em!!

flukes
Thu May 13, 2004, 12:11 PM
Where did you get the Aquamaster meds oscar?? Also if you know any lfs's that might have flaggyl under the counter can you pm me.

Cheers
Scott

chrissyoscar
Thu May 13, 2004, 12:36 PM
Hi Scott
I got it from the local aquarium cost me $20.
It's also available on some of the online aquariums but look around as it varies in price from $14 to $32
Try this site they have it for $14.

www.aquaticlifeaquariums.com.au/

As for Flaggyl I can't help, sorry.

Oscar

flukes
Thu May 13, 2004, 01:06 PM
Which local aquarium?? I live in melbourne too

Proteus
Thu May 13, 2004, 01:43 PM
AquaticLife will ship Scott, usually takes 1-2 days, although the weekend will prove to be a problem...

chrissyoscar
Thu May 13, 2004, 10:11 PM
Scott

I got it from

Blackburn Aquarium
294 Middleborough Rd
Blackburn South

Boronia also sell it.
I don't think this is a hard to get medication so if Blackburn or Boronia are to far do a ring-a-round as I'm sure most good aquariums will stock it.

Oscar

DiscusMad
Sat May 29, 2004, 12:15 PM
if you have loachs be careful on worm meds you give cause some can upset or kill them just cheack with your suplyer!

AdelaideAnt
Fri Jun 04, 2004, 01:47 AM
Thats a pretty bad case of worms....ewwwww

flukes
Fri Jun 04, 2004, 08:39 AM
I once had a bn die after medication using mech green and meth blue, i was told by the lfs that it wouldnt effect them but was told by others it would have.
Was this the reason for the bn's death???
Just seemed too much of a coincedence that he died the day after treatment and he was fine before hand..Also bn's are tough as nails so i cant see anything else other than the meds that would have killed him.