PDA

View Full Version : Low temperature for a week...help

Bad Inferno
Sat Sep 03, 2005, 07:18 AM
I went away and before I went I did a WC. The only problem was I did not plug the heater back in. Whilst away my wife did say the fish where very skitish...flying around the tank.

I have done a 25% WC and obviously plugged the heater back in (28-29) any thing else I should do. The temp was around 22 for the week. The fish are still freak'n out, although its only been 4-5 hrs since pluggin the heater in.. Even when nobody is around the tank they will splash around.

Merrilyn
Sat Sep 03, 2005, 07:48 AM
Don't feel too bad. We've all done a similar thing.

The thing to watch out for now is white spot.

Slowly raise your temperature to 32c and hold it there for a week. Keep a close eye on your fish for any sign of small white lumps appearing on the fins or body. The fish will flick against objects in the tank, and generally seem irritated and probably reluctant to eat.

If you see those symptoms, go get a white spot remedy from your fish shop, and you should be right.

Keep us posted on their progress.

mcloughlin2
Sat Sep 03, 2005, 08:34 AM
U got away lucky...my cousin unplugged my uncles heater and my uncle didnt realize that it was unplugged till fish started dieing...it was only unplugged for a few days but it must have been the days wen it was freezing cold...

He lost a breeding pair of african cichlids and some other assorted africans.... :(

Bad Inferno
Sat Sep 03, 2005, 09:11 AM
Thanks for your support Ladyred...hope they forgive me hahaha...I'll keep an eye out for white spot
thenks for the tip