PDA

View Full Version : Hemianthus callitrichoides ''Cuba''

merman
Tue Aug 30, 2005, 04:32 AM
Anyone know where I could order this beauty, below id a link to info on it

pitchblack
Sat Sep 03, 2005, 09:58 AM
if you find out let me know thats nutz!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MangoR34
Sat Sep 03, 2005, 10:11 AM
Why not order Glosso (Glossostigma elatinoides) ? Ends up as the same effect and looks similar. Apparently T.Amano love to use this plant for the mat effect in his tanks. This plant is grown in native Australia as well!

mcloughlin2
Sat Sep 03, 2005, 10:22 AM
Doesnt look real...looks like that stuff that they put on some ornaments...even the rocks look fake in the bottom pic....

or maybe its just me...

merman
Mon Sep 05, 2005, 01:11 AM
Glosso requires very strong light :( This one apparently doesn't.

anti-generic
Mon Sep 05, 2005, 01:43 AM
Glosso is not that demanding on light. What light set up do you have? If you plan on keeping a planted carpet you would have to consider decent light.

Eric

vishy
Mon Sep 05, 2005, 04:12 AM
Both of those plants require decent light and co2 the more you increase your light (as long as everything else increases and you keep it in balance) the lower the plants will grow.
BTW My friend has that plant so when I get it I will tell you how it goes :D
Matt

merman
Mon Sep 05, 2005, 10:32 PM
Vishy have about 1.3 watts per gallon, however, it is concebtrated at the front of the tank where I want to place it. I use CO2 and fertz, but am interested to see how it goes in your tank, keep me posted.

vishy
Tue Sep 06, 2005, 10:29 AM
Unfortunately it will be a month until I will accept it as I'm getting t5's and all sorts of other stuff :D but I will ask my mates who have some and see what they think. What are your tank dimensions, lights and reflectors, fertilisers and gravel you are using? Reflectors make a massive difference!
Matt