PDA

View Full Version : otto catfish

Darth_discus
Mon Aug 29, 2005, 10:46 AM
i was just asking whether otto catfish are suitable for a discus tank even though they are related to the siamese flying fox and will they nibble on the slime coat also how big do they grow?

DR.V
Mon Aug 29, 2005, 11:08 AM
I got otto in my planted tank.

They're great with discus, I also have siamese flying fox with them too.

They'll clean algae on glass and slime coat as well, they also stay together.

Maybe 5cm is the max ??

Anyway, do you like one piece ?

HTH

Darth_discus
Mon Aug 29, 2005, 11:12 AM
mate i love it i can not get over, it is the best thing since ...... well ever

i can not get over it (typing really fast excited can't beleive someone else knows about it)

I just praise you for knowing it

And how do you know about it

DR.V
Mon Aug 29, 2005, 11:14 AM
LOL are we talking about one piece now ??

hehe i love all anime actually ... so basicly i know all animes :P

are getting some ottos ?? get them ! they really nice !

Darth_discus
Mon Aug 29, 2005, 11:20 AM
yeah i already got some just checking

LOL :D :) :o :shock: :lol: 8-) :!: :roll: :wink: :P

(typing as it is settling in and he is jumping everywhere)

Do u actually watch the eps

DR.V
Mon Aug 29, 2005, 11:23 AM
yeah i watch all the eps up to 159 now, the subbed one ...

I also watch the raw version ones sometimes..

One of the best anime !

Darth_discus
Mon Aug 29, 2005, 11:26 AM
where do u download the eps from

because i have got to install something and then off to watch one piece 24/7

sammigold
Sat Sep 10, 2005, 12:01 AM
can you show me what an otto looks like.... also what are you guys going on about in your very cryptic messages or is it a private thing?! :cry: :lol:

Darth_discus
Sat Sep 10, 2005, 01:40 AM
the cryptic puzzle is about a cartoon called one piece which is absolutely amazing and were talking about how and where to download the eps from.

here is otto ctfish and personally i find them to be doing a good job.

sammigold
Sat Sep 10, 2005, 09:57 AM
Thanks for that!!! :lol: I finally know what an otto looks like..

Stuart
Sun Sep 18, 2005, 12:24 AM
I have nine of these guys in my Severum fry grow-on tank. Unlike a few of the algae eating catfish they wont bully or even eat young fry.

Has anyone ever bred them?

weird
Sun Sep 18, 2005, 08:57 AM
Ottos are pretty kewl fish, I only have one now, but when he shows himself he is very cute.

jim
Mon Sep 19, 2005, 12:04 AM
I think the survival rate for these little guys are quite low.. I bought 6 of these....only 1 survived..

So you might want to buy a few at once..but these little guys are not so cheap..

Actually, there are quite a few different kinds of Ottos. Too bad we only have one kind in Australia.

Shawnts106
Tue Sep 20, 2005, 01:15 AM
Ive had Otocinclus with Discus.. mine never bothered them at all.. however I have heard some storys about people haveing Otos that turn into these horid " ATTACK OTOS" and start sucking the life from discus through the means of eatting their slime off !!!!

however, one can not seem to distinguish the difference between these attack otos and the more passive otocinclus..

My best Bet is that the otos that starting attacking fish more than likely didnt have enough to eat!

good luck! :)

DR.V
Tue Sep 20, 2005, 05:29 AM
Yeah its one of ottos characteristic to suck other fish slime. This is becuse there is not enough food for them.

As long you feeding them well, im sure you wont have such problem. Also theres alwasy algae at the back of my tank, giving them enough food.

HTH