PDA

View Full Version : 3 discus not enough

texasborn
Tue May 11, 2004, 01:34 AM
I need more fish. I have 3 discus and 5 cardinal tetras in my 125 gallon tank. What else should I add? I want more fish but dont want to stress the 3 I have out by adding a bunch of new fish. Where to order from also? All the local stores discus dont look so hot. :?:

Chris McMahon
Tue May 11, 2004, 04:28 AM
Some more cardinals. The more you have the safer they'll feel and the more active they'll be. Your Discus will also feel safer with a school of tetras swimming around.

Got a maintenance crew? I have;
Clown Loaches (Botia macracantha)
Kuhlii Loaches (Pangio kuhlii)
Siamese Algae Eaters (Crossocheilus siamensis)
Albino Corys (Corydoras aeneus)
and soon Royal Whiptail Farlowella (Sturisoma Panamense)

Rummynose Tetras are a good biological indicator (bright nose - good water, faint nose - possible problem).

jluna
Tue May 11, 2004, 06:13 AM
i'd be adding more discus!!

they love the company, feel more secure in numbers, and are pretty much the most impressive fish you can get, really...

and more cardinals - why not 10 or 15 more? they are beautiful en masse.

justin

flukes
Tue May 11, 2004, 12:27 PM
More discus you will seee the difference when in larger groups, if i was in the states i would be ordering from wither Cary or Mike heppner. But you would have to speak to some of our U.S friends to get more info on them.

Proteus
Tue May 11, 2004, 01:11 PM
oh, more Discus for sure...

Why dont you contact Daniel - aka, danDman who is a member here and is also in Texas...

here is a link to his website: Gulf Coast Discus (http://home.earthlink.net/~gulfcoastdiscus/index.html)

HTH

danDman
Tue May 11, 2004, 03:19 PM
Hi Texasborn, Where are you located in Texas. I'm in Houston and if you want some discus I have German Malboro Reds and Red Turks juvenilles available. I also have adults.

Thank you Proteus

Dan

texasborn
Tue May 11, 2004, 04:35 PM
Im in Lubbock

danDman
Tue May 11, 2004, 04:49 PM
WOW! You're way up there. I don't know if you want to drive this far down.

I do have 2" German Malboro Reds for 15.00 ea and 2" Red Turks for 10.00 ea.

Dan

texasborn
Tue May 11, 2004, 06:41 PM
When will you have more?

danDman
Tue May 11, 2004, 07:15 PM
I have them now

dan

United21Soccer
Tue May 11, 2004, 07:21 PM
If you are looking to buy online then www.Somethingsphishy.com is a good place with reasonable prices.