PDA

View Full Version : Eheim Pro 3 filter 2080

Merrilyn
Fri Aug 26, 2005, 01:55 PM
I have just been given one of these filters.

It is very impressive :shock:

It is going on a new 8 foot tank, so I will do a product review on it when I have everything up and running.

So far, I have to say, I love it. :wink:

It's a beautiful piece of engineering.

mistakes r crucial
Fri Aug 26, 2005, 08:26 PM
Hi Merrilyn,

Is that the model that you can alter the flow rate on? If it is and the same as a mate of mine bought a couple of months ago you will love it. He reckons its the best cannister filter hes had in 50 years of breeding.
MAC

Sime76
Sat Aug 27, 2005, 01:37 AM
I have just been given one of these filters.
:shock:

As far as canisters go I'd say that is what you call "Bling Bling"!

Merrilyn
Sat Aug 27, 2005, 08:31 AM
Ahhhh I see I should qualify that statement.

I have been given the use of this beautiful filter for the next six months, then it goes back to it's rightful owner *sigh*.

But till then, I get to play with it. I feel like a kid in a toy shop :lol:

:blob :blob :blob :blob

Sat Aug 27, 2005, 09:29 AM
So tell us a bit about your thoughts? any pictures? how do you find it?

Proteus
Sat Aug 27, 2005, 10:05 AM
Having seen a couple of these, in and out of there packing...

Major drool material.

However, it doesnt come with all the attachments that the Pro II series comes with (even my Aquis 2400 had the same bits as the Pro II).

There is no surface skimmer, and the spray bars arent the really good e-heim ones.

However you get a bucket load of the good Pro series media.

tank
Sat Aug 27, 2005, 11:17 AM
Just in time for farthers day
is this availble to buy here in ozz yet

Proteus
Sat Aug 27, 2005, 11:32 AM

Yes it is, but it isnt the cheapest filter going around.

You wont get a whole lot of change from $900-$1000

:(

Proteus
Sat Aug 27, 2005, 05:32 PM
Topic split.

Non review replies can be found here>

http://www.discusforums.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4157

Littlefish
Sun Aug 28, 2005, 12:23 AM
Gotta love the blinking baby, tank. Super-cute!

Fred :)

taksan
Mon Aug 29, 2005, 11:21 AM

Yes it is, but it isnt the cheapest filter going around.

You wont get a whole lot of change from $900-$1000

:(

You can buy them for under $800 with media kit .... mind you the Aquis 2400 can be had for under $300 also.

DR.V
Mon Aug 29, 2005, 11:24 AM
Merrilyn, show us some pictures ...

Hehe i wanna see it ^^

tank
Mon Aug 29, 2005, 11:37 AM
Pictures is i can afford

Proteus
Mon Aug 29, 2005, 12:39 PM
You can buy them for under $700 with media kit .... mind you the Aquis 2400 can be had for under $300.

The cheapest seen in Australia so far is approx $820 including the Pro Media.

For $700 it is actually less than wholesale list cost price (for the unit & media), so whoever is selling at that is making a loss. Even if the seller was getting a 10-20% rebate from the distributor, they wouldnt be making a cent on it.

tank
Mon Aug 29, 2005, 12:44 PM
Here are some pic

Pump output 1700 l/h
Delivery head 2,8 m Ws
Filter volume 12 + 1 ltr.
Dimensions 567 x 330 x 330 mm
New external filter generation with even more technical benefits than the Professionel II series.

Large pre-filter for easy intermediate cleaning and extra long service life.

New priming principle.

Triple hose connection ( 2 x intake side, 1 x pressure side ) for perfect water circulation around large aquariums.

Handling features: recessed handles, transport castors, 4 sturdy clips, multifunction adapter.

Maintenance and flow rate indicator.

Accessories include:
2 x suction hoses, 1 x spray bar, outlet pipe, Eheim quality hose, set-up accessories, pre-filter drip-tray

includes filter media

Merrilyn
Mon Aug 29, 2005, 03:16 PM
I'll post some pics later today. This filter is magnificent. They have thought of everything. Even wheels on the bottom to move it.

Ben
Sat Sep 03, 2005, 12:46 PM
I have seen these Big boys here in S'pore, wow they are awesome!

The really have thought of every thing!

Ben
Wed Oct 05, 2005, 08:07 AM
Hi Ladyred,
any more news to tell us about this filter?

cheers,
Ben

taksan
Fri Oct 14, 2005, 12:10 PM
Rest assured these are awesome filters .... I've got 4 of them and I rate them the finest filter I've ever used.

Hi Ladyred,
any more news to tell us about this filter?

cheers,
Ben

Merrilyn
Tue Oct 18, 2005, 03:52 PM
This filter is just fantastic. It just quietly keeps pumping out litre after litre of clean filtered water without skipping a beat. The motor is silent, and there is no slowing of the water flow, even when the filter pad is in need of cleaning.

It would have to be THE best filter that I have ever used, and one of the easiest to maintain.

If it's within your budget, it's definately worth every cent.

oscar
Wed Oct 19, 2005, 08:56 AM
Merrilyn,

Slightly off target, but what are the Aqua One filters that you have on the same tank like ?

How is that tank going?

Ben
Tue Oct 25, 2005, 06:44 AM
I just got a bit of a demo of the professional 3 ehiem filter....and WOW!!!!

What an awesome filter!

I might have to think about getting a big tank that would accommodate such a powerful filter!

Merrilyn
Tue Oct 25, 2005, 03:16 PM
Oscar, those Aqua One filters are excellent. They are doing a fantastic job, and the flow rate doesn't seem to drop even when the filter is due to be cleaned.

Must say, I'm very impressed.

Proteus
Tue Oct 25, 2005, 11:54 PM
Ditto to Merrilyns comment on the Aquis 2400 flow rates.

Now I need to get me a 3080 to play around with

taksan
Wed Oct 26, 2005, 10:48 AM
Whats a 3080 ?

Ditto to Merrilyns comment on the Aquis 2400 flow rates.

Now I need to get me a 3080 to play around with

Dee
Wed Oct 26, 2005, 11:22 AM
Heya Taksan,

I think Pro meant a 2080, Eheim Pro 3 that is :P

Cheers,

Dee :)

Proteus
Wed Oct 26, 2005, 11:41 AM
2080... oops... meant Series 3 Model 2080

taksan
Thu Oct 27, 2005, 11:03 AM
Damm was hoping that a even bigger one was coming out :?

Proteus
Thu Oct 27, 2005, 11:14 AM
I believe AquaOne have some bigger units coming out in the new year, with built in UV sterilisers.

dorin
Wed Nov 15, 2006, 11:34 AM
hi there,

i need your help, and as you seem to have an eheim 2080 maybe you could help me.

in the manual it is stating that the difference between water level and top curve of the intatke pipe should not be more than 10 cm. did you try ever to increase that distance? let's say to 15cm (which is what i need).

i want to get an 2080 but if this pb is too big i;ll have to take an fx5 (it could go up to 20cm) but i cannot find media for it in switzerland (the big foam i mean, cause i will use eheim's media)

thanks for any sugestions,

dorin

Maximus
Wed Nov 15, 2006, 01:03 PM
I believe what the manual is saying is that when the filter is empty, the distance should not be more than 10cm. Otherwise it is very difficult to prime the cannister filter.

However once water has filled the cannister filter, it should be no problem running it at a distance of more than 10cm.

I have tried it many times especially during water change. Many times I had to attend to other things when my 2" tank is only 20% full. If it takes me more than 1 hour, I usually turn on my 2080 even though it is only 20% full so that the nitrifying bacteria will not die.

2080 is a great filter. However it also has its draw back. When it is fully filled with water, even with wheels it is very heavy and difficult to move. Unlike the FX5, you could drain the cannister filter first before moving it. One solution to this is to put the 2080 on a plant mover which is available at most nursery or Bunnings (< A$20). Be very careful when moving a fully filled canister filter which could weigh about 30kg!

Another potential draw back is when cleaning the outlet of 2080. The filter has an inbuilt indicator supported by a very fragile spring. If not careful enough like me, once the spring is stuffed, the flow rate indicator will not work properly.