PDA

View Full Version : tank mates for discus ?

Jonesy
Wed May 05, 2004, 03:05 AM
i have 3 discus soon to be 4 i also have a 4 boliven butterfly fish , a school of neon tetras about 15 of them i need to no does any one know of any other good fish to keep with the discus . i also have a gippesep placo and 4 bristle nose cat soon to go into a 2 ft breeding tank !!!!!!!!
what elese can i get please help

jluna
Wed May 05, 2004, 07:25 AM
i keep rummy-nose tetras with mine - everyone's got their own faves.

justin

kevkoi
Wed May 05, 2004, 09:26 AM
In a 2 ft tank... u need to take some fish out, not put anymore in!!!

Get a bigger size tank b4 u put in anymore fish.

Lots more fish can go with Discus...
My favouries are the corydoras.

Proteus
Wed May 05, 2004, 10:25 AM
Ditto to what kev said...

overcrowding will lead to major problems, unless you are prepared to do massive water changes daily with identical water you would be better cutting back, or going to something bigger...

my suggestion...

GO BIGGER

lol

Jonesy
Wed May 05, 2004, 12:35 PM
no my discus are in a 3 foot tank with a school of neon a gippie sep and 4 boliven butterfly and 4 bristlenose cat. i have a 2nd 2 foot tank and hope to breed my bristle nose in that 2 foot tank .......
i am a newbie to discus and even i know that a 2 foot is way to small..... how much do rummy-nose tetras go for ?

flukes
Thu May 06, 2004, 12:10 PM
I put 3 discus in a 3ft tank and it was a big mistake i wish now i went bigger in the first place. Also iam with Kev Cory's are one of my fav;s aswell.

Jonesy
Fri May 07, 2004, 11:38 PM
why was it a big mistake ?

flukes
Sat May 08, 2004, 08:11 AM
That there wasnt enough room for them, and also i think they do alot better in group larger. Its not like they are going too die but you want the best to maintain the best fish.