PDA

View Full Version : Leopard Spotted Snakeskin... This one is coming soon!

kevkoi
Sun May 02, 2004, 12:46 PM
:lol: Sorry to do this again.. but this is such a nice fish I had to show. This is a picture of one of the 5 leopard spotted snakeskins that we will be getting in shortly. Must be one of our favourite fish as they are so beautiful...

Leopard Spotted Snakeskin 4"-4.5" *High Body, High fin, Excellent shape* - $280ea

http://www.discusforums.com/forum/album_pic.php?pic_id=202

Proteus
Sun May 02, 2004, 01:18 PM
Kev... I am going to have to arrange to have you committed...

What you are doing is so unfair and cruel, I mean how much does a grown man have to drool before he starts reaching for the medications...

:roll:

Damn nice looking fish that is...

kevkoi
Sun May 02, 2004, 02:20 PM
Mate, I promised a number of people and customers of SLS that I would put previews of fish that are coming and hence I'm asking my breeders in Penang to take pictures of these fish for me to put up. Quite obviously these guys in Penang are great discus breeders but hopeless photographers.... :lol: Nonetheless, even from the less than perfect photography, we can quite easily judge the quality of these fish already!

Also, the pictures of these fish we would hope can convince the few 'uncertain' people that your trip to SLS to see these discus WILL be rewarding.

There aren't many shops in Australia that keep or sell good discus anymore. I know too many discus keepers who have had this misconception that fish shop discus are "poor quality" and overly priced. We at SLS want to make it a point that we bring in GOOD quality fish and sell them at fair prices..... and we ARE a fully functioning local fish shop (a very small one in terms of floor area at that!) and not just selling out of a quarantine room, plus we are passionate about our fish and in particular DISCUS!

If we could survive in business JUST SELLING DISCUS, we would probably turn all the new 48tanks into Discus tanks... :lol:

kev

Proteus
Sun May 02, 2004, 10:32 PM
If we could survive in business JUST SELLING DISCUS, we would probably turn all the new 48tanks into Discus tanks...

Do it!!! Do it!!! Do it!!!

lol

(actually, that would really be dangerous as it would have a flow on effect... more good fish available, means more tanks would be needed here)

mmmmmmmm, that sounds like a Win/Win situation

:lol:

kevkoi
Sun May 02, 2004, 11:31 PM
:? Don't think that would be a wise business decision on our part. We have currently 12 discus tanks (each tank is 150L) and we may increase that to 15tanks, but no more. Discus are a lot of work and not much money to make in retail... hence also why most fish shops don't carry them.

I think having between 150-250 discus in our little shop at any one time is a major achievement already.

kev

Proteus
Sun May 02, 2004, 11:54 PM
:x

Kev... dont fret dude... I am only kidding...

maybe we can brainwash the entire population, and make them all Want & Need Discus...

Then a 100% Discus shop would work... lol

:wink:

United21Soccer
Mon May 03, 2004, 01:47 AM
Sounds like a good idea to me! :wink:
That is, assuming all people in the U.S. are included in the brainwashing.

Proteus
Mon May 03, 2004, 01:49 AM
I cant see a problem with that...

(adds that to the "To Do" list)

:wink: