PDA

View Full Version : help discus wounded

ganjadude1uk
Sat Jul 30, 2005, 06:12 PM
my discus has a wound on the side near the back i think it was one of the other discus not shure as i have not seen anyone biting it i have treated the last 4 days with melafix any help would be great as it seem to be getting worse

ganjadude1uk
Sat Jul 30, 2005, 06:16 PM
this pics a bit clearer

discusguy
Sat Jul 30, 2005, 07:53 PM
i'm not sure about what kind of meds that need to be administered here. But i do know you can add a heavy dose of salt to the tank as a general tonic though.

Merrilyn
Sun Jul 31, 2005, 07:46 AM
Welcome to the forum ganjadude. I'm concerned that you say the sore seems to be getting bigger.

If it was a simple injury, it should be starting to heal by now. I know you have been using Melafix, and whilst I know it to be a very good product, I have never had much success with it on discus.

If there is a red area around the wound, it would suggest that it has become infected and probably needs antibiotics now. You can try the salt to begin with, but my suggestion would be to get some antibiotics as soon as possible.

jim from sydney
Sun Jul 31, 2005, 10:24 AM
and take it out from the main tank . put it in a hosp. tank incase it is infectious....Jim

ganjadude1uk
Sun Jul 31, 2005, 12:12 PM
thanks for the help but it died this morning :cry:

Merrilyn
Sun Jul 31, 2005, 01:31 PM
So sorry to hear that. Are any other fish showing signs of wounds like that?

ganjadude1uk
Sun Jul 31, 2005, 05:19 PM
no they are fine

jim from sydney
Mon Aug 01, 2005, 11:17 AM
woooh...thats bad luck....sorry to hear it......i know how you feel.....i have been nursing one of my top discus, with the pop-eye disease, for 12 days now and still no improvement........patience???????? tell me about it...Jim