PDA

View Full Version : Super San.... as requested.

kevkoi
Thu Apr 29, 2004, 03:05 AM
OK, as requested, here are some pictures taken in Penang of the fish that are HERE!.

All 25 of these Super San Merah's (ie we bought the whole tank!) are here.... Whatcha think of the quality boys and gals?

On May/June special... $100ea (this price is on special and no more discounts are applicable.)

http://www.discusforums.com/forum/album_pic.php?pic_id=190

http://www.discusforums.com/forum/album_pic.php?pic_id=191

Proteus
Thu Apr 29, 2004, 03:11 AM
AWESUM!!!

time to start saving again I think... :roll:

kevkoi
Wed May 12, 2004, 02:24 PM
They're HERE!!! THEY'RE HERE!!!! I'm so excited about these guys. Beautiful fish...

nicholas76
Tue May 25, 2004, 09:22 AM
Stunning fish mate

what size are they???

are any heading to melbourne by chance?????????

Nick

kevkoi
Tue May 25, 2004, 12:06 PM
Nicholas, the fish are 10-12cm.
As for heading down to Melb... well, if you want them, I can certainly ship them down to Melbourne for you. :lol: Otherwise, they will be at SLS, Sydney.

kev

nicholas76
Tue May 25, 2004, 01:44 PM
lovely fish once again.

May I be difficult and ask you to supply us with another photo , kinda full body shot side onn, if they pose for you long enough.

also

Prices of fish and freight

and are they sexed, can you tell?

PM me if you like

Regards Nick

nicholas76
Tue May 25, 2004, 01:47 PM
i just saw the price in your first email so thats cool

just a new photo or two whilst in your tank please. And what frieght would cost .

Colour scheme looks lovely. Im just a stickler for roundness ( would love to see the shape further in those pics

San merahs are hot !

Regards

NIck

kevkoi
Wed May 26, 2004, 01:49 AM
Will take pictures when the fish are out of quarantine and in the shop over the weekend. There are a number of ppl coming into the shop to pick up their San Merah's on Sat, but I'm sure there will be plenty more to go around (I've got 25 and all well shaped!).

Best way might be for you to get a good friend to come and pick the fish for you if you trust their judgement. ;)

Proteus
Wed May 26, 2004, 01:53 AM
oh, and who says there will be any left???

Mwhahaha...

:wink:

nicholas76
Wed May 26, 2004, 06:30 AM
I wish I had a friend in NSW that could check / buy for me.

Thats cool once out of Q I would really like a photo. At the end of the day if your mates have first pick it looks like I might miss out on the great ones.

:cry:
I am very very keen so keep in touch please.

Nick

ps2 Im not a LFS just a discus nut. lol

Proteus
Wed May 26, 2004, 07:28 AM
Nick, I am only after a couple... so there will be plenty left. :wink:

When I go in there I will take my digi cam if it is ok with Kev & George.

I will stress though, if you want a few, Kev or George will pick out the best ones if that is what you want. All the fish I have got from SLS are top grade fish. My Marlboro Red pair is now spawning (I just need to ensure the water is right), of the 4 Ocean Greens, I am certain there is a confirmed pair in there, plus one of them is IMO show grade quality. Then there is the Bunga Raya Pair... simply awesum.

You just have to ask Scott as to the quality of the fish that he had sent to Melbourne.

HTH

nicholas76
Wed May 26, 2004, 08:01 AM
Thanks mate.

Been in this game way too long and have bought the occasional dud so if im assurred of some "quality" round and coloured fish as in those pics. I will buy more than attended.

My intentoins are to use them for my show tank. These fish and my red roses.

ps send me pics asap

cheers

nick

kevkoi
Wed May 26, 2004, 09:20 AM
Proteus.... bring ur camera and snap snap snap away mate. Always willing to let someone else do the hard work.. :lol: (and trust me it's hard work taking pic of these fish side on as they just won't do it! Bloody little piggies....)

Proteus
Wed May 26, 2004, 09:41 AM
I will get wet to get the right pic if I have to...

hasnt stopped me before...

lol

nicholas76
Wed May 26, 2004, 09:48 AM
ps, can anyone get rid of my red devils for me LOl taking up valuable tank space lol

flukes
Wed May 26, 2004, 01:26 PM
Nick, comparing to the fish at OAFI these fish are show show quality. And for that price for that size you cant go wrong. You wont be let down ordering any fish from SLS, I just moved a pigeon blood from one tank with a ph flush on 6 to a tank with a ph of 7+ and he was eating within hours and still going strong. This is a couple of months since i ve had them but they are very hardy fish.
Just hope i can get a tank up, while there are still some left!

nicholas76
Wed May 26, 2004, 09:32 PM
cool,

my biggest problem is getting rid of my red devil fry.

Spawn lke rabbits in my tanks, and I cant give them away let alone sell them.

I need to move these fish before I do anything. pressure is on !! , love a challenge.

Nick

Proteus
Wed May 26, 2004, 10:12 PM
I know the New Zealanders love White Bait patties (for the record, they are totally YUMMO)

Well, why not start something new, Red Devil patties... for the Devil inside.

:twisted:

kevkoi
Wed May 26, 2004, 10:16 PM
U could market it with some connection with Manchester United FC and they'll sell better and faster..... :lol:

United21Soccer
Thu May 27, 2004, 12:30 AM
The Manchester Red Devils fav. food has just become the red devil patties. They are great for protein, so they eat them before and after every game!

Sonds good to me :mrgreen:

kevkoi
Thu May 27, 2004, 01:28 PM
Ooo oooo.... 4 San Merah's gone in the first day! Well fish arrive in the shop and got put away by 2.30pm... by 6pm, 4 San merah sold is pretty good I reckon... (oh and plus 8other discus went today too!).

Gosh, u discus keepers are an impatient lot.... :lol:

Proteus
Thu May 27, 2004, 02:30 PM
My spies didnt muck around then I guess...

lol I wish.

I am going to be there Saturday Kev, if I can wing it, maybe even tomorrow... (red carpet pleeeze) or more likely it will be the red bucket full of water...

lol

flukes
Fri May 28, 2004, 09:11 AM
Kev, whats next soon your going to have to sell discus made of gold just so we are suprised! Probably no chance of me getting some before the tanks up, so ill be looking in the future orders!!
Oh yeah hows the checkerboards?? They in the store?? would love to see a pic of them if you could.

kevkoi
Fri May 28, 2004, 10:21 AM
George and I decided to hold the checkerboards in holding room for another week. SLS is now chockers full of discus... we're hoping to sell some over this week to clear some space for the checkers and some large white face malboro reds and also to give incentive for ppl to come back again to see some MORE new discus. :lol: (truth is we can't fit them all in the shop!! :P )

Here's pic of LARGE checkerboards. 5" fish coming in next week shipment.

dreamer
Fri May 28, 2004, 11:03 AM
WOWWWWW :shock: :shock: very nice shape ... do you have smaller size available and how much?

flukes
Fri May 28, 2004, 11:38 AM
Sorry thoughs are in the next shipment or are in your Q room atm?? If you still got them and the san's by the time the tanks up, ill be placing an order!

kevkoi
Fri May 28, 2004, 01:09 PM
dreamer, we have the juvenile checkerboards in the holding room as well. Will come into the shop probably next weekend (After we clear some space). At a quick guess, price will be approx $80 ea (but don't hold me to it yet....).

Scott.. Next shipment?? Gee, that's arriving in Aust next Friday!!! :lol: Some other goodies on that shipment. :wink:

nicholas76
Sat May 29, 2004, 02:54 AM
Hey!

what about those san merah picks :)

Proteus
Sat May 29, 2004, 05:58 AM
Sadly I am unable to get over there until at least Monday now...

will still be taking the digicam...

kevkoi
Sat May 29, 2004, 09:51 AM
well Nick.... if you're seriously interested in these fish, I'd suggest you get in quick. :wink: I'll guarantee that any fish we send out will be excellent shapped and healthy..... U've already had 10 less fish to choose from in the last 3 days. :lol:

15 left! (My secret pick of the litter is still in there!! ha ha ha.... :wink: )

Proteus
Sat May 29, 2004, 10:20 AM
Does bribery work to help distinguish which is YOUR pick of the lot...

kevkoi
Sat May 29, 2004, 11:24 AM
Hmmmm.... James has a nice San Merah. Wonder if he has managed to take a good picture of the fish yet?

DiscusMad
Sat May 29, 2004, 12:01 PM
I picked up 2 nice little fishies yesterday and I think they are great! Though I was told there was no brilant turq's :(

But anyway have a nice little malb red and an ocean green just love them :D

kevkoi
Sat May 29, 2004, 01:42 PM
Brilliant Turqs.. cobalt blues.... very similar fish.

Did u see the tank of cobalts? Very nice colour on such young fish!

Remember, none of these fish have been fed any colour enhancers! (Not even colourbits while in Penang! Too expensive..). They only started getting light feedings of Colourbits once they are in Australia!

No hormone feeding, no asthaxanthin feeding, no carotene boosters!

DiscusMad
Sat May 29, 2004, 02:32 PM
well i nearly got one of the lepords but i saw the little red with it peppered face and couldn't just leave it there it had to come home with me lol

flukes
Sun May 30, 2004, 03:21 AM
Its probably a good thing i am in melbourne, or id be one poor bastard. One day ill be doing a road trip just to visit SLS, ill probably need to hire a van or semi if the funds are well.

Proteus
Sun May 30, 2004, 03:57 AM
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO Scott...

you are the customer, get Kev & George to come to you...

lol

...actually, that would be more than good customer service...

:D

flukes
Sun May 30, 2004, 04:38 AM
Yeah ill setup a community hall with about 50 tanks and he can bring the whole shop down, iam sure we could sell the lot in a few days. Well sell or me take home its all the same, they would be gone.

fishpimp
Tue Jun 01, 2004, 03:41 PM
great work guys.
true blue fair dinkums pearlers