PDA

View Full Version : What plants would u suggest for along the back of my tank???

axl
Mon Jul 18, 2005, 11:12 AM
Hi All,
i want everyones opininion on what plants i should have along the back of my 6 footer. I have 3.2w per gallon of light and are running co2.
eg hygros, thin val etc what would look nice and do not require lots of iron
cheers axl

gelf
Mon Jul 18, 2005, 11:32 AM
I really love the Kimberly Val. Likes the warmth, needs little nutrients and will grow in even shallow substraight, and will grow even if treated like crap.
I think it looks great as a backdrop.

axl
Mon Jul 18, 2005, 11:36 AM
I have never heard of it before, does it look the same as thin val and is it commonely available to buy from ya local lfs.

gelf
Mon Jul 18, 2005, 11:46 AM
Basically the same as thin val, but most of the thin val was originally from Qld, and the leaves grow well over a metre long. Kimberly val is from the Kimberly (obviously), it likes warmer water, lower nutrients, and the leaves only grow about 30 to 40cm.
I'll be honest and say I've never seen it in lfs around here. I got my original stuff from other ANGFA members.

axl
Mon Jul 18, 2005, 11:55 AM
how do i go about getting some of a member

gelf
Mon Jul 18, 2005, 12:29 PM
Got no spare at the mo, but I do harvest mine occassionally. Setting up 2 more 4'ers. Will be transferring all excess there so wont have any for a while.
I'm in ANGFA NSW, but sure Vic members would have the stuff too. If you're after a vic contact try the ANGFA Vic web site http://www.angfavic.org
Good luck.