PDA

View Full Version : Flakey skin

flukes
Sun Apr 25, 2004, 02:37 AM
My Scorpion snakeskin has a flakey skin, its like he is shedding or like the skin is just blisterd. Its only in a few spots and he is the only one that has it. Was wondering what it could be?

Anyone ever had this?
Looks kind of like when you get sun burnt and the skin starts to peal.

Any info would be great
Cheers
Scott

sunshinediscus
Sun Apr 25, 2004, 10:22 PM
Hi Scott,

Are you sure its the skin that is flakeing off?? That would be a very serious problem, Is there a sore under the skin shedding?? maybe its the mucous membrane that is swollen which makes it look opaque and then sheds itself. That is a symptom of a skin infection but it can be caused by many many things including parasites, bacterial infection, the fish injuring itself on a tank decoration etc etc. more symptoms please! Breathing rate? color? unusual activity? what ever you can see that might be unusual?

1 heaped tablespoon of salt per 40 liters of water is a good general tonic for mild skin infections and certainly won't do any harm, but if it is a bac or parasite infection then you will need to id what is going on and treat accordingly.

flukes
Mon Apr 26, 2004, 03:23 AM
Well it was on both sides of him so i dont think it was a injury, i added some multicure containing meth blue and mech green last night and when i got home from work today it seems to have gone. He had no loss in color and breathing was as normal. Must have been and exterior parasite i think. Anyway the multicure fixed it what ever it was.

sunshinediscus
Mon Apr 26, 2004, 06:44 AM
Good to hear Scott, let us know if it recurs and perhaps we can get to the bottom of it.

flukes
Mon Apr 26, 2004, 08:24 AM
Maybe they just needed their drug fix its been weeks since they had any meds, cravings must have been strong. Ah well ive learn my lesson - Say No to Drugs! Well in this case it worked but thats due too there addiction now. Hope these crack babies grow up alright. Next lot will be salt addicts.

Mattzilla
Tue Apr 27, 2004, 01:54 AM
i would also add a little salt for the next week or so. it tends to help my discus really get over and skin problems they may have. i add it at 1 tbl spoon per 40ltrs

matt